Anybody else locked out of their Leica account?

shanghai

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Good morning

I had not gone on my Leica account in some time, and it appears they changed the password protocol. No problem I clicked the forgot password, when it did not accept my "old" password. 

Then received the email to reset and clicked on that and it took me back to the forgot password page Not the reset password page. It just keeps looping. 

I contacted customer service and they were unable to help at -  It has been a week.

Anybody else experience this? Anybody have any idea how to resolve?

Thank you

Yes, I had exactly the same experience a few days ago.   I was about to contact customer service, too.  Wish I knew what to do to solve this problem but at least I'm not the only one!

Having seen your email I too checked my account.  Could not get in on my old password so I went through the steps of " forgotten password" .

Received email on which I could enter my new password, verifying it, pressed enter and got onto the site!  No apparent problem.

Hi

Keep getting a loop back to this page, glad it worked for you, but still not working for me

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

It is the same email I have been using since 1993. 

Leica as I said acknowledges the address, as you can see from the screen shot

I take it that your email address floods in when you click on that box, and if that's the case, then It will take a better man than me to help you.

I hope you manage to resolve it...  A thought though, have you tried re-registering with Leica?  If that is you email address that you say they should have on record, then you should not be able to re-register using the same email address  with a different password!  

Thanks for you effort and concern but is a real problem with a simple solution. They need to send me a temporary password so I can log in and change to a password of my choice that conforms to the new rules. BTW this is what happens if you try and register with an existing email address

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, shanghai said:

Hi

Keep getting a loop back to this page, glad it worked for you, but still not working for me

Which makes life a pain if that email address doesn't exist any more 🙄

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Did you ever get this issue resolved?  I created a Leica account last week to purchase my SL2-S + lens bundle.  Received the camera and wanted to register the camera and lens in my account.  Tried to log in, and I get the three loading dot graphic, it disappears, and I'm still on the login screen with my email and password still entered.  I tried resetting my password, and the fields to enter my new password don't even appear for me to enter and submit a new password.  

I've tried multiple browsers and even my phone.  Nothing works.

I reached out to customer support, and they appear clueless and say they can't replicate the issue.  I've even sent them a video screen capture of these issues, and they aren't very helpful.

• 1 month later...

This problem is still going on!!! I'm stuck in the same infinite loop!!! enter email, get email with reset button, recieve new email button with same reset button!!! is it a cookie issue? I know leica are a little slow of fixing some things but come on!! 3 years and same bug!!! any clues much appreciated!

Cheers

JOhn