Ertos

Voigtlander 21mm f1.4 Review

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Here is my review of the Voigtlander 21mm f1.4 - in short: I really like it! 

https://www.erwinhartenbergphoto.com/post/wide-angle-wonder-how-i-ended-up-with-a-voigtlander-21-mm-f1-4-nokton-asph-vm

Edited by Ertos
add photo

30 minutes ago, Ertos said:

https://www.erwinhartenbergphoto.com/post/wide-angle-wonder-how-i-ended-up-with-a-voigtlander-21-mm-f1-4-nokton-asph-vm

Thank you for the article.  I've been looking forward to the 21mm Summicron-SL, but after reading, I think I'll pick up a 21mm M lens while waiting.

Thanks for the review.

At one time, I used a 20mm f/3.5 with a 35mm f/2 on my Nikon SLR and a 21mm f/2.8 Zeiss on a Contax G1 rangefinder.

When I started using an M6 rangefinder, I paired the 21mm f/1.4 Leitz with a 35mm f/1.4 Zeiss.

I just wish the 21mm Voigtländer had been available when I purchased the 21mm Leitz.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 8/16/2020 at 1:03 PM, Ertos said:

Thank you very much for your article, Erwin, I really enjoyed it. I've just ordered the Nokton 21/1.4 and your beautiful pictures make the wait quite hard. Look forward to have it in my greedy hands. I switched from the Ultron 21/1.8 to the Nokton. The shop took the old and will give me the new. Thanks a lot for all the hints and suggestions.

On 8/16/2020 at 12:03 PM, Ertos said:

Thanks for your article and a really interesting blog! I’m still fond of my 50 though...you’ll have to pry it from my dead hands! 

I wholeheartedly agree though about the skills that need learning for shooting very wide angle lenses. It’s not easy to make an interesting image with such a wide field of view!

Are there also the purple corners like on the Voigtlander Wide Heliar 15mm?
Do you also need CornerFix for the purple correction?

1 hour ago, Reini said:

Can't say I am seeing too much of that.

Thank you.
If the above is the original picture, without post-processing, then the 21 is better.
15mm is very extreme near for the sensors ...But I enjoy the extreme 15mm. ;)

6 hours ago, Reini said:

This may answer your question M8 15mm c/v, coded as Tri Elmar

8 hours ago, Reini said:

15mm is very extreme near for the sensors

Raini, the Voigtlander Wide Heliar 15 version III seems to have no purple fringe on the M240 and on the M10. 

vor 7 Minuten schrieb epand56:

Raini, the Voigtlander Wide Heliar 15 version III seems to have no purple fringe on the M240 and on the M10. 

Epand56. Thank you for the information!
Maybe I'll consider swapping my old version for a new one.

But you don't need it often ... I still have my fantastic Leica Elmarit asph 28mm.

Edited by Reini

57 minutes ago, epand56 said:

Ditto

Got it, I'm very happy with it. Previously I had the Ultron 21/1.8 Asph, sold it to switch to the Nokton and I'm happy i did it.
These are just a couple picture I took with this lens.