Summilux 28mm silver, what do you think about performance?

Kamyar

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Right, but heavy and bulky. If you do not need 1.4 for a special purpose you will suffer later on. It pulls the front of your camera down. For these instances I use Canon . . . But its true: its an option that might not come back soon. Still I did go for Leica because of size and weight. If I take Canon I do not mind weight nor size.

Edited by M10 for me
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, farnz said:

I managed to find a limited edition 28/2 Summicron in silver chrome and I am very happy that I decided to acquire it because I might never see another one and it's a superb lens.  'Your' 28/1.4 Summilux in silver chrome might be the same - if you don't buy it now you might never find another and be left kicking yourself and wondering what it would have been like.  

If you buy the 28/1.4 Summilux in silver chrome now you can try it and if you don't gel with it then you can always sell it later for very little loss and possibly a profit if it stays in good condition.

Pete.

Same for the 21mm except production is greater and not a limited model, the price is good.    Leica lenses retain their value and many on the forum never sell a Leica lens, but if sold the investment can be recovered mostly.  The 21mm Summilux is a beautiful lens, I'm a big fan and love it.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Kamyar said:

Hey guys, 
I have an offer to buy 28lux silver.  The lens is completely yours, still under warranty, with uv.  At a price of $ 5k.  

I have other lenses and I shoot with m10m.  35cron.  50 or.  75apo.

I know 300 unit  of these lenses are made.  what is your opinion?  Performance, quallity, and ....

I’d snag it, especially for that price. I just bought a black Lux 28 for the same amount ($5K) and would have preferred a silver one if I had a choice since I have a silver M10. The silver is a little harder to find, but I’m very happy with my black lens. I had both the Summicron 28 v1 and then the v2 and finally sold it after getting the Summilux. The rendering of the Lux 28 is much more ‘3D’ than the summicrons.

7 hours ago, darylgo said:

Same for the 21mm except production is greater and not a limited model, the price is good.

...second hand lux21 seems to hold least amount of value from the summilux.

I got mine in -40% from the retail price and seen many even cheaper.

On 8/16/2020 at 4:20 PM, farnz said:

I managed to find a limited edition 28/2 Summicron in silver chrome and I am very happy that I decided to acquire it because I might never see another one and it's a superb lens.

Just curious about the 28 cron silver chrome. Is it the 2008 11661 first Leica (?) silver anodized alu run of 500 pcs you mean?

Regards, Stein

30 minutes ago, Stein K S said:

Just curious about the 28 cron silver chrome. Is it the 2008 11661 first Leica (?) silver anodized alu run of 500 pcs you mean?

Regards, Stein

Hi Stein,

Yes it's the 11661 silver anodised.

Pete.

Edited by farnz

Advertisement (gone after registration)

50 minutes ago, farnz said:

Hi Stein,

Pete.

Then we are two... and I hang on to mine as well. It is so nice particularly with my 12466 hood attached 😁

And honestly speaking, I really can not wish for more; read: the improvements the v2 is claimed to offer!

Stein

• Like 1

On 8/19/2020 at 5:28 PM, farnz said:

Hi Stein,

Pete.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

6 hours ago, Kamyar said:

Hi 

Maybe I misunderstand your point. But yours are the Lux (and in the series of chrome/alu lenses produced nowadays) while Pete`s and mine are the Cron (from old days of 2008)? Your Lux are so nice though 😃

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 8/19/2020 at 9:55 PM, Stein K S said:

Then we are two... and I hang on to mine as well. It is so nice particularly with my 12466 hood attached 😁

And honestly speaking, I really can not wish for more; read: the improvements the v2 is claimed to offer!

Stein

I just acquired one not long ago! Looking for the 12446 hood now (fingers crossed)

• Like 2