Two oldies from the Isle of Skye

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Missing being there, I dug out two oldies from my Leica SL days taken both in 2017 on the Isle of Skye. Both images taken with Leica SL< Voigtlander 15mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters.

After a day of constant rain the skies opened, rewarding our perseverance with an amazing sunset at Elgol. 3 seconds exposure for this one:

The iconic view at Neist Point, Isle of Skye, showcased in a different composition. ⁠This, on the other hand, is a 36 seconds exposure:

Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri

Edited by Vieri
On 8/15/2020 at 6:14 PM, FrozenInTime said:

Elgol and Neist Point looking good there.

Thank you very much, glad you enjoyed them :)

On 8/16/2020 at 9:11 AM, Graham (G4FUJ) said:

Stunning as always!  I must get to Neist Point (and the lighthouse) next time I'm in the Highlands.

Thank you very much indeed Graham, that is very kind of you to say! :) Yes, Neist Point is always worth a visit, and so is a hike down to the lighthouse, when the light is right for it, the climb back up is worth the pain! :D 

Best regards,

Vieri

17 hours ago, Louis said:

Hello wavier I, outstanding images as always, dear friend.

Hello Louis, I am not sure who "wavier I" is or what it means - autocorrect at its best I assume! :D - seriously, thank you very much my friend, good to see you! Hope you are doing great :) Best regards,

Vieri

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Herbertus
      Hi,
      as you have probably read the "title" you might already have an idea what my Problem is, but im going to give you a bit of background story. I hope its goint to make it more understandable.
      So i got my leica SL 1-2 Years ago. Since then i have updated the Firmware some times, since the 3.4 Update, i didn't do any updates. So a few days ago, i updated it, and lets just say, it wasn't the smartest decision. It locked the MC-21 out (which previously worked), and also some other lenses, i borrowed from a friend also didn't work.
      So now, is there any way i can like downgrade it? I tried "updating" to an older version but i just got an error.
      Please, if someone knows a solution to the problem, i would be very glad to hear it

THANKS in advance!!
    • By Herbertus
      Dear Leica Forum Comunity,
      i got my Leica Sl over 1 Year ago, and it might sound crazy, but i only used 3 EF-lenses Adapted to it. After some thinking, I decided to get some new glas, namly L mount glas. As much as i would love to get Leica lenses, i simply can not afford it. So i looked arround what i could use. I now come to a point were i have to make a decision. Is it more worth it to get Sigma glas, or more to get older R-lenses and adapt it to the SL.
      It would be great if someone could tell their experience using either of them on the SL
      Thanks for your replies
      Herbert
    • By Slender
      The new firmware for L lenses is available, but won't install on my SL2... 🤪
      https://en.leica-camera.com/Photography/Leica-SL/Leica-SL2-S/Firmware
      Direct link here
      https://en.leica-camera.com/content/download/196932/5259036/version/1/file/SLLens02.plf
    • By Vieri
      Loch Lomond is a beautiful loch, and I love to stop there on my way from Glasgow to Glencoe & the Isle of Skye, when I have a chance. Here a sunset on the Loch, a 1/5 second photograph taken in 2018 with my (then) Leica SL, Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters:

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden! Thank you for viewing and commenting, best regards
      Vieri
    • By Spina67
      Nuovi Panasonic 20-60mm e Leica SL
      Roma - Parco degli acquedotti

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!