Anyone experiencing strange compatibility issue with Sandisk CF card?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi, i have been experiencing strange issue with CF card from Sandisk. 

I recently receive Leica s3 and bought 128gb extreme pro sandisk CF card to use with it.

Lately there is a certain issue that keep appearing. Every time that i import the picture to the lightroom, the next batch of images will have a corrupted first file that show zero data on the file when i'm importing it. Before importing the next batch of files, i can look at that first image just fine on the camera, but once it is on the card reader, the first file will be corrupt and can no longer be seen on the pc or on the camera. 

I tried formatting the card several time both in camera and on the pc but the problem still occur. After that i try switching to another sandisk 64gb CF card that i used with the S2 but the problem still occurs. 

However, when i used the old 16gb lexar CF card, the problem does not occur.

So anyone have any clue on what is happening with the sandisk CF card? i believe the sandisk 64gb card that i used never had this problem with the S2 before. Am i missing some setting on the S3 such as file numbering that might cause this issue? 

Thank you 

Nachapon Dumrongthumavoot,   I don't use any card over 32 for minimizing issues.  I found the issue you described in the S007 when i tried several CF 64/128 cards as an experiment.  I normally used Sandisk and Hoodman CF cards with the S007.   Right now for the S3, I moved to Hoodman SD 16 and 32s with no issues.  I don't use CF cards to minimize the potential of bending pins.  Hope this helps.  r/ Mark