EyeCup to help compose on M10

Dennis

Advertisement (gone after registration)

3 minutes ago, DonnaW said:

I just got my match tech eye cup but unfortunately I also got a leica  1.5 diopter and discovered that I can't use both at the same time on my Leica m-10 monochrome.  Does anyone know if there is a solution ?  Maybe an adapter?  They are both 34mm ,  I think.  I do need the adapter.  Do I really need the eye cup?  I'm new to the M10 world. 

The magnifying eye cup would have been the way to go for that issue. If it’s not too late maybe you can swap it.

47 minutes ago, DonnaW said:

I just got my match tech eye cup but unfortunately I also got a leica  1.5 diopter and discovered that I can't use both at the same time on my Leica m-10 monochrome.  Does anyone know if there is a solution ?  Maybe an adapter?  They are both 34mm ,  I think.  I do need the adapter.  Do I really need the eye cup?  I'm new to the M10 world. 

it would be good to know, cause I want an eye cup, but maybe soon I would need a 1.5 diopter, who knows. I'm still fine shooting with M10, I use spectacles only computer and to read. Missing +1.25.

How does it feel like to shoot with the eye cup only? Is it confortable? Can you see well the 35 frame lines?

I had a similar eyecup on my M9 and it had a thread for an additional eye correction diopter.  It was very successful as a permanent accessory.    Unfortunately it got ripped off and the very short thread was damaged.

with the eyecup and diopter, all framelines were visible.

As for the M10, a different version of the rubber eyecup is specified and i'm unsure if it has an additional thread for the diopter.  

Magnifying eyepieces are a completely different accessory.  They certainly affect the frameline view when using wider lenses.

Edited by lucerne

1 hour ago, DonnaW said:

Donna.   If you have an M9 eyecup, then the diopter should screw in from the front.  Thats how i used the combination on my M9.   However, the dimensions of the viewfinder were changed on the M10 and the older fitting could only be used in combination with an £25 adaptor supplied by Leica (which puts your eyepiece back to the old specification).    To save purchasing a new diopter i've settled with that solution.    Eyepiece correction (diopter) is not the same as magnification, so a magnifier is not the solution for you. I suggest you fit the diopter lens because you have to have a corrected view.    But is it the new version released for the M10?  It should be specified on the box. 

3 hours ago, DonnaW said:

So sorry. I mentioned magnifier in my first reply. I meant this one:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

12 hours ago, jdlaing said:

So sorry. I mentioned magnifier in my first reply. I meant this one:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

This will not fit an M10 unless the M to M10 adaptor is also fitted.  The benefits of the improved M10 viewfinder design will be totally lost.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 9/20/2020 at 5:51 PM, lucerne said:

Donna.   If you have an M9 eyecup, then the diopter should screw in from the front.  Thats how i used the combination on my M9.   However, the dimensions of the viewfinder were changed on the M10 and the older fitting could only be used in combination with an £25 adaptor supplied by Leica (which puts your eyepiece back to the old specification).    To save purchasing a new diopter i've settled with that solution.    Eyepiece correction (diopter) is not the same as magnification, so a magnifier is not the solution for you. I suggest you fit the diopter lens because you have to have a corrected view.    But is it the new version released for the M10?  It should be specified on the box. 

Yes, I got the one for the  M10.  Seems you have to be very careful to research which accessory is compatible with the M10.  The problem is that the diopter and the  match eyecup both need the same thread and the match technical eyecup with diopter doesn't fit the M10.  That is according to Leica Miami.

• Haha 1