First Impressions of the TL2 and my discovery of colour!

Rob,

Excellent COLOR images.  I love the subtleties and the textures. Really lovely work.

I was trained as a painter.  One of my mentors was a young German fellow, and an artistic genius.  Most artists at the end of their careers would be glad to have the talent and skill he demonstrated in his early twenties.  However, he would not allow himself to work in color until he felt he had mastered black and white. I believe he was in his 40s before he began to dabble in color.  He needn't have waited.  His first color work was astonishing.

Do you see what I'm (unsubtly 😉 ) getting at?  Embrace it -- you obviously get it.

• Like 1

Ha, thanks. You're saying "You put the "you" (U) in colour"! 

I've done a little colour work before, but never enjoyed it, but b&w I took to straight away. But I feel the time is now right to explore it. Thanks for the encouragement. 

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I've cropped the 4th one, which seemed a little unbalanced. 

Now, I'm not used to printing colour. Any suggestions on what paper to use for this? Gyclée or C-Type?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

Actually, quite pedestrian Canon paper does  rather well for colour prints. If you want to get up to "art" level, have a look at the Canson range.. I could imagine the above image on matte paper and try Canson Baryta - which normally is my go-to B&W paper.

• Like 1