Advice on bag for TL with VisoFlex kit with 18-56, 11-23, 55-135 and flash

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello -- could anyone give some advice about a suitable camera bag for the above kit that's portable? I would like to carry the TL with 020 VisoFlex attached and 18-55 in a bag that's wide enough to accommodate the other two lenses and accessories... any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks 

I never use anything that looks like a camera bag. Instead move one or more Newsware pouches containing the body / lenses  between various bags.

This way I get to choose something appropriate -  that can be either safe and plain or smart for the city or is waterproof or is trail friendly.

e.g. Waterfield messenger, Brompton roll top , Mountainsmith tour bag , Topo Designs backpack.

Edited by FrozenInTime

2 hours ago, M.piras said:

Hi, in my opinion the best choice is billingham bags, Hadley Pro  are enough modular and very resistant. 

+1

I recommend not to buy a bag that just fits because it then can be troublesome to remove the camera quickly. Also, plan in some extra space if you use a long camera strap. I had to abandon a smaller bag because my CL won't fit with a 138cm strap attached. 

Hadley Pro is a great suggestion. I also use mine for conference visits because A4 papers fit nicely.

Edited by Guest
typo

Thanks very much for the suggestions - I use currently a LowePro Event Messenger 150 shoulder bag and it all fits in  ... just! But it is hard to get the camera out quickly so may need something slightly larger. Will have a look at the Waterfield messenger and other bags mentioned.

I've been using a Domke F3 Super, small fast to access, I have put a 4 compartment Domke insert in it. There is a lot to be said about not obvious bags, I was in Washington DC and was having my bag examined, the guard said "nice bag bet you have a nice camera in it" Then when he looked he did a loud Wow. I felt marked. Have since taped over the red dot. The bag will hold the camera with a 23 on it, a 55 7 Art, 90 Elmarit and 2 big lenses a 200 Telyt and an 11-16 f2.8 Tokina. If I substitute my 105 Micro Nikkor for the 90 it gets a little jammed.