Using FOTOS app with d-lux 7 not able to sync RAW files

Dom Uliano

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi Folks,

new d-lux 7 user here, also new to the Leica FOTOS app.  I am able connect my app to my iphone but I can only sync jpeg's but not any RAW images. In fact only the jpegs show up in the app.  I have the pro version so I am thinking that it must be a setting that needs to be changed.  Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Dom

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/5/2020 at 11:37 PM, Dom Uliano said:

Hi Folks,

new d-lux 7 user here, also new to the Leica FOTOS app.  I am able connect my app to my iphone but I can only sync jpeg's but not any RAW images. In fact only the jpegs show up in the app.  I have the pro version so I am thinking that it must be a setting that needs to be changed.  Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Dom

Hi, did you fix this problem? Have the same issue. 

Per

• 2 weeks later...

I received this response from Leica customer support:

Thank you for your feedback.

Leica compact cameras are using the .rwl as raw image file format, however, this file format is not supported by third party apps on the mobile platforms iOS and Android. Therefore, it is not possible to transfer photos from Leica compact cameras in the raw file format with Leica FOTOS. Partly, it's possible to import .rwl raw files via native or third party apps e.g. Apple Photos or Adobe Lightroom, that have an own image processing. 

The Leica Camera AG is working on a raw image support for compact cameras in the long run.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Kind regards

Leica Camera AG
Customer Care / Leica FOTOS App Support
Am Leitz-Park 5 / 35578 Wetzlar/ Germany

Hello,
I am unable to transfer raw files from my camera to my phone using the app. I have not been able to find any resources online to help me. Any assistance would be very appreciated. 

Thank you 

Sincerely
––––––––––––––––––––––
App Version: 2.1.1
Mobile Device: iPhone 11,6
Operating System: iOS 13.7
Camera Model: D-Lux 7
Camera Serial Number: 
Camera Firmware: 2.01

Edited by LUF Admin
email adresses, names and phone numbers removed
  • Like 1

On 8/5/2020 at 11:37 PM, Dom Uliano said:

Hi Folks,

Thanks in advance

Dom

I was told recently by Leica support that raws cannot be downloaded in the app. 

• 11 months later...

Thanks a lot about this topic. I thought it was my camera or App, unable to pairing correctly. 

I tried both Android and Apple systems, but no RAWs were imported on phone/tablet.

I'll try then with JPEGs files. 

Thanks again. 

(I'll write to Leica Support also) 

A. 

• 1 year later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I know this is an old topic, but I just got my D-Lux 7 and have been struggling with this only to discover:  The only way to transfer RAW files from the camera to the iPhone (that I can discover) is take out the memory card and stick it into the Apple Camera card reader, then upload the RAW files to the iPhone Photos App, then, from there you an access them in the Lightroom or Photoshop App if you want, or edit them in the Photo's App.  Sending RAW files through Bluetooth or Wi-Fi is not possible (you can send JPG's), NOR can I get the camera to recognize the phone connected directly by a cable, it'll only recognize a computer. 

• Like 1