Dev time for Acros 100 II

jwillyf

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I am trying my first roll of 135 Acros 100 II and have Ilfotec HC (dilution 1:31) and Ilford DD-X at standard dilution waiting in the wings for development.

Any recommendations as to dev time at 20 deg C.

The film does not appear in the massive dev chart. Can it be developed as for the original Acros 100?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Feeding back. I have now developed a roll of Acros 100 II having exposed it at ASA100 and developed it for 6 mins in Ilfotec HC 1:31 at. 20 deg C.

Observations:

A strong green colouring is seen when the dev is discarded. A pink colour is seen in the discarded fix and washing should be continued until the water is clear. If a lilac colour is seen on the dried negs, then the negs are inadequately fixed. It seems that fix needs to be continued for rather longer than the standard 4 minutes with Ilford Rapid fixer.

The negs look a little thin and totally flat so perhaps an ASA of 80 and dev for 7 mins might be better. Having said that, digitising the negs with Plustek OpticFilm 8200i film scanner and conversion to positive with the excellent Grain2 Pixel software produced files with excellent tonal range, good latitude for post-processing, and with very fine grain.

• Like 1