Is a V60 SD card adequate for SL2?

biswasg

Advertisement (gone after registration)

with my existing 64GB cards quickly getting filled in regular shoots, i am considering buying 128GB or 256GB cards. However, the cost of V90 cards are prohibitive. 

Are V60 rated cards appropriate? I am mostly a still photographer who will want to take advantage of high speed shooting and occaisional 4K videos.

And any preferred brands- Adata, Angelbird, Sony or Lexar?

Edited by biswasg

With the SL2 a V60 card is fast enough for the most demanding 4K videos. (The SL2 writes at the maximum about 400 Mbit/s In 4K mode which corresponds to about 50 MB/s.) With V30 you can easily handle fotos and less demanding video modes. But you should not use anything slower than V30 (like old cards with only class 10).

I use V30 cards (large sizes, 512 GB) most of the time.

A V90 card is possibly faster when transferring data to PC/Mac, but only if your PC is equipped with SSD disks. (Mine are, but many are not).

The cards adhere to a standard, so the brand should not be important. (I used to use  SanDisk, but now also others.).  (But I would never buy Sony.) 🤓🤔

Edited by caissa
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/5/2020 at 7:42 PM, caissa said:

A V90 card is possibly faster when transferring data to PC/Mac, but only if your PC is equipped with SSD disks. (Mine are, but many are not).

The cards adhere to a standard, so the brand should not be important. (I used to use  SanDisk, but now also others.).  (But I would never buy Sony.) 🤓🤔

Many thanks tfor your advice. I bought a 256 GB ADATA's Premier One V90 SDXC card  at the price of a V60 of other brands (Lexar). As my MacBook Pro has SSD, I hope to benefit from the faster download speeds of the V90.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

The Black Magic Disk Speed Test App reported a 220MB/s Write speed and 252MB/s Read speed.