Advertisement (gone after registration)

Paris has always been a special place for street photography for me and, although I haven't been there for far too long, I try and emulate  the work of its' great photographers such as HC-B, Robert Doisneau and (dare I say) Peter Turnley. For me it is like fishing on a great trout stream in that you are always bound to have a good catch.

This was taken in 2000 using my M6 and Kodak T-Max 400 film home processed. I think it was with the 50mm Summicron lens, although I can't be 100% sure.

Gerry

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by gwpics
  • Like 7

Nice image.

By the way, I think Peter Turnley can be considered a french "ad honorem", as he first came to Paris in 1975.

His book "French kiss, a love letter to Paris" is one of the best photographic essay on La Ville Lumière!

Regards.

François

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FrancoisF said:

Nice image.

By the way, I think Peter Turnley can be considered a french "ad honorem", as he first came to Paris in 1975.

His book "French kiss, a love letter to Paris" is one of the best photographic essay on La Ville Lumière!

Regards.

François

Thanks for your kind comment. I agree 100% about about Peter, who I believe has dual nationality, French and American. I think the book you mention is basically a rehash of his previous book 'Parisians' which is superb black and white photography. I also have his colour book on Cuba which a dear friend in the US arranged for him to sign for me as a birthday present. Both are thoroughly recommended by me and (of course) shot on Leica.

Gerry

14 hours ago, gwpics said:

Thanks for your kind comment. I agree 100% about about Peter, who I believe has dual nationality, French and American. I think the book you mention is basically a rehash of his previous book 'Parisians' which is superb black and white photography. I also have his colour book on Cuba which a dear friend in the US arranged for him to sign for me as a birthday present. Both are thoroughly recommended by me and (of course) shot on Leica.

Gerry

You're right Gerry, both books are superb.

Take care, stay safe.

Regards.

François

• Like 1

Very nice Gerry. Being from Paris, myself,  for me this is a very typical Parisian scene that I miss greatly; more especially by La Seine.  By the way, don't also forget about Rodin's "Kiss"! ;) 

Edited by Louis
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Louis said:

Very nice Gerry. Being from Paris, myself,  for me this is a very typical Parisian scene that I miss greatly; more especially by La Seine.  By the way, don't also forget about Rodin's "Kiss"! ;) 

Thanks Louis - how could I ever forget Rosins 'Kiss' and the wonderful Rodin museum there.

Gerry

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...