Posted (edited)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Paris has always been a special place for street photography for me and, although I haven't been there for far too long, I try and emulate  the work of its' great photographers such as HC-B, Robert Doisneau and (dare I say) Peter Turnley. For me it is like fishing on a great trout stream in that you are always bound to have a good catch.

This was taken in 2000 using my M6 and Kodak T-Max 400 film home processed. I think it was with the 50mm Summicron lens, although I can't be 100% sure.

Gerry

Edited by gwpics

Nice image.

By the way, I think Peter Turnley can be considered a french "ad honorem", as he first came to Paris in 1975.

His book "French kiss, a love letter to Paris" is one of the best photographic essay on La Ville Lumière!

Regards.

François

2 hours ago, FrancoisF said:

Nice image.

By the way, I think Peter Turnley can be considered a french "ad honorem", as he first came to Paris in 1975.

His book "French kiss, a love letter to Paris" is one of the best photographic essay on La Ville Lumière!

Regards.

François

Thanks for your kind comment. I agree 100% about about Peter, who I believe has dual nationality, French and American. I think the book you mention is basically a rehash of his previous book 'Parisians' which is superb black and white photography. I also have his colour book on Cuba which a dear friend in the US arranged for him to sign for me as a birthday present. Both are thoroughly recommended by me and (of course) shot on Leica.

Gerry

14 hours ago, gwpics said:

Thanks for your kind comment. I agree 100% about about Peter, who I believe has dual nationality, French and American. I think the book you mention is basically a rehash of his previous book 'Parisians' which is superb black and white photography. I also have his colour book on Cuba which a dear friend in the US arranged for him to sign for me as a birthday present. Both are thoroughly recommended by me and (of course) shot on Leica.

Gerry

You're right Gerry, both books are superb.

Take care, stay safe.

Regards.

François

Posted (edited)

Very nice Gerry. Being from Paris, myself,  for me this is a very typical Parisian scene that I miss greatly; more especially by La Seine.  By the way, don't also forget about Rodin's "Kiss"! ;) 

Edited by Louis

17 minutes ago, Louis said:

Very nice Gerry. Being from Paris, myself,  for me this is a very typical Parisian scene that I miss greatly; more especially by La Seine.  By the way, don't also forget about Rodin's "Kiss"! ;) 

Thanks Louis - how could I ever forget Rosins 'Kiss' and the wonderful Rodin museum there.

Gerry

32 minutes ago, Henry Taylor said:

Gerry,   brings back wonderful memories  and what a joy to share  thanks

There is nothing more that you can ask of a photograph.

Thanks,

Gerry