Advertisement (gone after registration)

2009: X1

2012: X2

2013: XV

2014: X113; T

2016: Xu, TL

2017: TL2, CL

////////////////////////

If you list the SL line and M line. you can see the pace is getting much more fluent. 

I guess the mission of APS-C is full filled by either the SL or new Ms. aPS-C still fill the gap of the portable AF and zoom, but that is not Leica’s core competent, nor the sweet spot of profit. 

Fills the gap of compact cameras with interchangeable lenses. M cameras used to be compact in the past but now they are almost my bigger ones actually.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lct said:

Fills the gap of compact cameras with interchangeable lenses. M cameras used to be compact in the past but now they are almost my bigger ones actually.

TL/T is even smaller than CL- 

When they are this size, the difference is not significant. To me, M is generally more preferred in handling. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Einst_Stein said:

When they are this size, the difference is not significant. To me, M is generally more preferred in handling. 

"Generally more preferred" i have no idea but other camera brands make compact FF and APS-C cameras as well. Would be like advising Sony to stop APS-C because it makes A7 cameras already. There are buyers for both. BTW i prefer handling the digital CL than my M bodies personally but it's just me.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

With Sigma coming out with an APS-C line of lenses, there won't be any (ha! ha!) complaints about available glass for the CL. Hard to imagine there won't be a CL2, and, if it reflects the type of upgrades that the Q2 and SL2 represented over their initial models, it will be eagerly bought by those of us with the original.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Einst_Stein said:

TL/T is even smaller than CL-  When they are this size, the difference is not significant. To me, M is generally more preferred in handling. 

However, a CL or CL2 with the integrated EVF and the zoom lens is a much more compact and versatile combo than an M with 3 lenses.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Einst_Stein said:

TL/T is even smaller than CL- 

Except for autofocus, LV, EVF, size, weight...... 'Preference' is determined by what you want in a camera. I prefer the CL because of its features, size and weight. On the other hand, the difference in image quality between the CL and the M is not significant for me.

How much does it matter about the size, when it comes to Leica M, CL, TL2? If you take the image thread in this forum, The post number of CL is about 2x of the combination of T, TL, and TL2. This indicates the smaller size of TL2 w.r.t CL is overrun by the overall features. 

The number of posts in the SL is about the same as the CL. SL2 alone already reaches about half the CL, The combination of full frame Leica digital (Mx +  SLx) indicates regardless the popularity of Leica APS-C is well below. 

Overall, it does not prove the significance of APS-C in Leica’s business. Why should Leica not put it in low low Priority?

https://leicarumors.com/2020/08/08/leica-committed-to-film-and-aps-c-cameras-leica-m-camera-with-evf-and-ibis-unlikely.aspx/

"APS-C market is very competitive, with Fuji and Sony, in particular, offering a good price/performance ratio. However, he said that the CL is “far from being discontinued but needs some stimulation”. He confirmed that APS-C is a part of Leica’s product range and will continue. "(source: Macfilos)

Read more: https://leicarumors.com/2020/08/08/leica-committed-to-film-and-aps-c-cameras-leica-m-camera-with-evf-and-ibis-unlikely.aspx/#ixzz6UZ4Oi8mY

Edited by bags27
  • Like 2