Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi,

I have both a Leica Q and a D-Lux 7 and I use Lightroom to edit my pics. I have quite a bit of purchased presets as well.

With the Q, no issue at all.

With the D-Lux, even though my picture are taken in colour and imported in RAW format, some of the presets think the picture is black and white and show me options only in B&W. I have to manually go to the Colour option and click on it to see what the reworked photo looks in colour.

Anyone with the same issue ? Thanks.

Welcome Anthony,

I am rather surprised that you have bought third party presets. It is very much better to produce your own. They will be tailor-made for you an do exactly what you need.

As I have written elsewhere, acquiring other people's presets can be likened to borrowing someone else's shoes.  Even if they are your size, they are seldom comfortable and fully fit for your needs.

Thanks ..... I have to say those presets work very well and suit me with the Q .... for now. And the issue here are not the presets but why Lightroom considers some colour photos from the D-Lux 7 to be BW. Anything to do with a camera setting I would have missed ? Thanks.

One possibility is that you are recording jpeg files and raw, together, with a monochrome filter set for the jpegs. Raw gives you full colour but if you save the jpeg element it will show as monochrome. 

I am only importing into Lighthouse in RAW format and no filters are set, so issue is unfortunately elsewhere. Thanks

2 hours ago, Anthony C said:

I am only importing into Lighthouse in RAW format and no filters are set, so issue is unfortunately elsewhere. Thanks

Lighthouse! I have no experience there, I'm afraid. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.