D-Lux 7 presets issues

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi,

I have both a Leica Q and a D-Lux 7 and I use Lightroom to edit my pics. I have quite a bit of purchased presets as well.

With the Q, no issue at all.

With the D-Lux, even though my picture are taken in colour and imported in RAW format, some of the presets think the picture is black and white and show me options only in B&W. I have to manually go to the Colour option and click on it to see what the reworked photo looks in colour.

Anyone with the same issue ? Thanks.

Welcome Anthony,

I am rather surprised that you have bought third party presets. It is very much better to produce your own. They will be tailor-made for you an do exactly what you need.

As I have written elsewhere, acquiring other people's presets can be likened to borrowing someone else's shoes.  Even if they are your size, they are seldom comfortable and fully fit for your needs.

One possibility is that you are recording jpeg files and raw, together, with a monochrome filter set for the jpegs. Raw gives you full colour but if you save the jpeg element it will show as monochrome. 

2 hours ago, Anthony C said:

I am only importing into Lighthouse in RAW format and no filters are set, so issue is unfortunately elsewhere. Thanks

Lighthouse! I have no experience there, I'm afraid. 

• 5 months later...

Hi, I am having the exact same problem with DLux7. I import the raw photos to LR, I click on an imported preset and it changes the image profile to adobe standard and the pic is now mono. I have to manually change the profile to adobe colour to see what the preset did.

Did you ever work it out?

17 hours ago, Baldy123 said:

Hi, I am having the exact same problem with DLux7. I import the raw photos to LR, I click on an imported preset and it changes the image profile to adobe standard and the pic is now mono. I have to manually change the profile to adobe colour to see what the preset did.

Did you ever work it out?

No, I have not managed to fix it yet. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Looks like this is an Adobe issue.

https://www.macfilos.com/2018/11/30/lightroom-leica-d-lux7-no-colour-rwl-files/

Having said that, I cannot reproduce this behaviour with my D-Lux 7 and LR Classic(latest version).

You could try: LR->preferences->Presets->Show partially compatible develop presets

and

Location->store presets...->show all other LR presets

There was a firmware update in 2020:

https://leica-camera.com/en-GB/photography/cameras/d-lux/d-lux-7-black/downloads