Which half case for the M10?

Raid Amin

3 hours ago, hteasley said:

No. Luigicases.com. Luigi is the best, and his cases and straps are fantastic.

His website is ... undesigned, shall we say, but going through it is very worthwhile.

The quality and workmanship is really good. The site is rather basic. The way to order will be first,  to look at all pictures and options and pick the ones you like. Send him an email and he's very quick to respond with a quote. They just send PayPal instructions. 

• Like 2

The difference is in the fit. Night and day. Arte de Mano cases are thin and the fit is amazing. They become part of the camera and add very little bulk. The case is basically flush to the control buttons and viewing screen on the back. The Luigi and Angelo Pelle cases are designed to appear hand stitched, whether they are or not, I can't say. The leather is thick and the fit is a bit loosey goosey. Some people may like that?

• Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

17 hours ago, hteasley said:

No. Luigicases.com. Luigi is the best, and his cases and straps are fantastic.

His website is ... undesigned, shall we say, but going through it is very worthwhile.

I know they have a following here, and I have had Luigi cases. The fit is awful, but if thats what you like...

On 8/1/2020 at 7:56 AM, pedaes said:

I know they have a following here, and I have had Luigi cases. The fit is awful, but if thats what you like...

I haven't found that to be the case (Ha! Pun!). The fit is snug enough: with age, it gets looser at the top, but then, I like how easy it is to remove the camera for bottom access.

I also like the clearly hand crafted look of them, and the quality of the leather.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, SJH said:

Have just received another Luigi case for my M10R and it's a really great fit and I think the quality is really good for the price, he's very repsonsive to emails etc. 

I have to agree, ordered mine on Monday and it arrived yesterday (Wednesday). He is always responsive and, in my opinion, his cases are the best by far (YMMV).

• Like 2

8 hours ago, onasj said:

I have many Oberwerth bags and can vouch for their quality, but I had not tried the Oberwerth half cases yet.  The Arte di Mano half cases (with battery door and small bump in the front) are pretty much perfect, in my opinion.

They start at $560 ... Ouch!