Sign in to follow this  
fatihayoglu

6x9 and 6x8 negative film holders for DSL scanning

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi all,

I am looking for film masks which will allow me to scan with film borders which has film stock name etc.

Currently I use Lomography Digitalisa 120 option but that masks the borders too much.

Any other option out there?

Cheers,

Fatih

I digitized the one roll of 6x9 negatives in my father's collection by putting them directly on my Logan light table and covering each frame in turn with a 4x5 piece of ANR glass. The glass had a black construction paper mask taped to the non-etched side.

I'm using the negative holder from my V700. My lens is set at f8 so it can handle sag better than the scanner. I am doing 6x6 but it is essentially the same, just a different width.

On 7/31/2020 at 6:19 PM, fatihayoglu said:

Thank you very much!

do you happen to have a name or brand for that pierce of kit?

The Logan light box is a Model 501. The ANR glass was given to me by a friend who shut down his commercial darkroom 20+ years ago. I cut black paper masks for 127, 6x6 and 6x6 negatives.

DoUg, thank you sry much, I guess I’ve managed to find a ANr glass manufacturer.

however one quick Question, some people says you can see the texture of ANR on scanned negatives. How is your experience?

cheers,

F

Advertisement (gone after registration)

9 hours ago, fatihayoglu said:

DoUg, thank you sry much, I guess I’ve managed to find a ANr glass manufacturer.

however one quick Question, some people says you can see the texture of ANR on scanned negatives. How is your experience?

I suspect that there is some degradation, but I have compared "scans" of MF ngatives with the above setup with stitched multi exposure  "scans" using my glassless 35mm setup and see nothing that I could attribute to the ANR glass. FWIW I am pretty sure that the piece of ANR glass I am using was salvaged from a DeVere enlarger.

Thanks a lot Doug, looks like it’s time to get an ANR glass. One last question, do you think I need 1 or 2 ANr glasses? My logic says, 1 is enough, the treated side of the glass should be facing to the film, but just wanted to confirm.

The negatives were placed directly on the light box, emulsion side up. The ANR glass was placed directly on the negatives, etched side down.