SL2 Tethering to iPad Pro?

Dr. G

6 hours ago, Photoworks said:

yes, Fotos iPad App with 50$ year. but it is not as good as Camerange2.

quite buggy, non responsive, slow and does not download any previews automatically . Ofter problems reconnections in a day require restart app or restart iPad

Someone’s totally negative here, and unnecessarily so. It’s actually free, the paid version doesn’t add a lot of value and isn’t required in most cases. It’s very stable for me with SL2 and in addition to all use cases mentioned by the OP, it allows for location data be added to EXIF automatically. Yes the app has quirks, I was first to point them out and bitch about long time ago but one can live with them. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, meerec said:

Someone’s totally negative here, and unnecessarily so. It’s actually free, the paid version doesn’t add a lot of value and isn’t required in most cases. It’s very stable for me with SL2 and in addition to all use cases mentioned by the OP, it allows for location data be added to EXIF automatically. Yes the app has quirks, I was first to point them out and bitch about long time ago but one can live with them. 

you must be using a different app, maybe the iPhone version? the FOTOS for iPad has only 7 days trail and then subscription .

From someone that uses the app all day on some shoot, I am negative because many time it does not work like it should. there is no alternative. I would complain less if the call it BETA

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 hour ago, Photoworks said:

you must be using a different app, maybe the iPhone version? the FOTOS for iPad has only 7 days trail and then subscription .

From someone that uses the app all day on some shoot, I am negative because many time it does not work like it should. there is no alternative. I would complain less if the call it BETA

I also used the free trial for a week, then deleted it and installed the free version. 
Yes I’m running the free app on my latest iPad Pro 12.9in. 
it does everything that’s needed except for remotely controlling video (this requires the paid app). 

• 1 month later...
On 8/1/2020 at 4:16 PM, meerec said:

I also used the free trial for a week, then deleted it and installed the free version. 
Yes I’m running the free app on my latest iPad Pro 12.9in. 
it does everything that’s needed except for remotely controlling video (this requires the paid app). 

Hi . . .

I noticed you are also on the Hasselblad forum.  Slightly off topic but I'm considering a 907X to run alongside my SL2 and just wondered if you have compared Leica Fotos with Hasselblad Phocus software?

6 hours ago, T25UFO said:

Hi . . .

I noticed you are also on the Hasselblad forum.  Slightly off topic but I'm considering a 907X to run alongside my SL2 and just wondered if you have compared Leica Fotos with Hasselblad Phocus software?

So we are in the same boat @T25UFO 🙂 as I am awaiting the delivery of the HB 907X and will shoot it alongside the SL2 ... will be selling the CL most likely soon. Can’t wait !!!

• 5 months later...

The camranger allowed jpeg only downloads for review, and full control of the camera, and the wireless connection worked over long distances. It's a much better solution than the Leica APP, although an external device. I wish the Leica SL/SL2 had a similar solution. It's actually a major drawback for commercial photographers.

15 hours ago, fzero said:

The camranger allowed jpeg only downloads for review, and full control of the camera, and the wireless connection worked over long distances. It's a much better solution than the Leica APP, although an external device. I wish the Leica SL/SL2 had a similar solution. It's actually a major drawback for commercial photographers.

The “Download and Share Full RAW” toggle option can be used when Quick RAW is enabled, but the user wants to save the full RAW file.

3 hours ago, Jonathan Levin said:

Confused. I thought that Leica stopped charging for the app to be fully functional including video a few months back? I saw something on this forum about that. Can someone clarify?

after all the complains they took the charge away. I did pay for it once. LOL

it is still not the Pro app that you may want

• 6 months later...