Anyone else have a SL2 WIFI problem?

rjsphd

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I just purchased a SL2 used and it works fine except for the WIFI.  When I try and turn it on in the camera menu it goes straight to coupling mode with FOTOs, without turning on the WIFI.  The camera has the 2.0 firmware.  I have reset the camera settings and uninstalled/reinstalled FOTOs on my iPhone.  Neither solved the problem.  Leica Camera USA punted on the problem to Customer Care in Germany, but they haven't answered my emails. 

Anyone open this great forum run into this problem and found a solution?

I don't believe you have any control over the WIFI from the SL2, it is only possible to start it via the FOTO app when it is connecting to the camera. It is tightly integrated with the app, and you do not have access to start/stop the WIFI from the camera menu. I agree it is not ideal at all...

Cheers,     -Peter

Edited by Melampus

On 7/31/2020 at 5:28 AM, rjsphd said:

I just purchased a SL2 used and it works fine except for the WIFI.  When I try and turn it on in the camera menu it goes straight to coupling mode with FOTOs, without turning on the WIFI.  The camera has the 2.0 firmware.  I have reset the camera settings and uninstalled/reinstalled FOTOs on my iPhone.  Neither solved the problem.  Leica Camera USA punted on the problem to Customer Care in Germany, but they haven't answered my emails. 

Anyone open this great forum run into this problem and found a solution?

the WIFi option is activated by the camera after you have made a successful connect with bluetooth with camera and FOTOS app.  tray to pair again with camera in the app and follow the steps on the screen  

Thank you for the replies.  After I posted I realized that the issue is FOTOS , not my SL2.  I installed FOTOS 2.1.1 on my iPhone and now it won't pair with my M10 or my SL.  I got FOTOS 2.0.5 to pair with them easily.  So I will wait for an answer from LEICA AG's FOTOS team.