Advertisement (gone after registration)

I bought my X2 many years ago. It was used but in splendid condition. It became my most used camera among several others, including an X Vario, D-Lux 109, and M8. A few days ago I was taking some still life photos with the X2 mounted on a tripod. I accidentally knocked over the tripod and the X2 hit a piece of furniture on its journey to the floor. Of course the X2 was damaged beyond repair. I'm just now recovering from the trauma.

Now I see that a new model X2 is being produced: the Leica 18450 X2. The price new is about the same as what I paid for my used x2. My question: Will the quality of the new model be as good, about the same, or inferior to an excellent original X2?

Thank you for the response. I agree that the new X2 is still an X2. Probably I should not be concerned about the price drop. This should not reflect a drop in quality.  A Leica is still a Leica, and they have their reputation to consider.

Edited by L.Richard

3 hours ago, nicci78 said:

But you should know that X2 is not produced anymore since 2014. 6 years ago.

What you can find is very old stock, or used item. 

That may be true, but Amazon.com in the US gives  the impression that the Leica 18450 X2 Camera is a new product. It is also available from many dealers on Ebay here in the US. If it is old stock X2, there are many of them available.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

6 hours ago, nicci78 said:

Some eBay states that it is new old stock or some pristine second hand. 
It is not new production for sure. 

Yes. That could be a good option if the dealer is reputable. My original old X2 was a pristine second hand camera from an eBay dealer.

vor einer Stunde schrieb satijntje:

Or a Second Hand  X-U?
Then you don’t have to buy a new camera when you drop it next time 🙂

but only when he is in the water