Thinking of getting a Leica D Lux 7

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi.

I’m thinking of going from photographing on my iPhone to a “real” camera and I’m a total noob when it comes to this stuff, however I like to take photos and I’m willing to learn.

Why Leica D Lux 7? Well, it looks like a fairly simple setup. Touchscreen, connectivity, no handling of lenses, and from the reviews I understand it’s pretty good at taking photos, videos is a low priority for me at the moment. Also, the pricepoint is in my range and it.... looks kinda nice. :)

All the reviews are pretty positive but users seems to think it’s overpriced and that it’s just an Panasonic LX 100 II in a new skin. Should this be a concern?

Soooo.... Is it an easy camera to learn on?

Can it take (technically) great photos?

What else will I have to buy, memory cards, batteries etc?

I would really like to be able to take macro shots of insects and things of that size, can it do that?

How does it handle nighttime photography?

What else should I know?

Thanks. :)

I have the D-Lux 109, the predecessor to the 7. I would highly recommend it, fantastic image quality and as easy or complex to use as you want. The lens is sharp, the f1.7 maximum aperture is wonderful. 

The big thing the Leica name gives you is an extra 2 years warranty. 

• Like 2

Am 28.7.2020 um 22:02 schrieb Moosewala:

Hi.

I’m thinking of going from photographing on my iPhone to a “real” camera and I’m a total noob when it comes to this stuff, however I like to take photos and I’m willing to learn.

Why Leica D Lux 7? Well, it looks like a fairly simple setup. Touchscreen, connectivity, no handling of lenses, and from the reviews I understand it’s pretty good at taking photos, videos is a low priority for me at the moment. Also, the pricepoint is in my range and it.... looks kinda nice. :)

All the reviews are pretty positive but users seems to think it’s overpriced and that it’s just an Panasonic LX 100 II in a new skin. Should this be a concern?

Soooo.... Is it an easy camera to learn on?

I would really like to be able to take macro shots of insects and things of that size, can it do that?

What else should I know?

Hi,

i'm restarted my hobby, fotographing in 12/2017. Beginning in the Leica-World with the fantastic Leica SL. But due to heavy weight of body and lenses, not the fault of leica; it was my decission to buy it, i changed to Leica CL. Even a fantastic camera. But anyway after a while, due to my age, 73,  I switched to the Leica D LUX 7. I'm verry happy with this decision. And all questions you asked are for me fulfilled. I'm verry happy with this handsome camera.

• Like 1

On 7/29/2020 at 1:32 AM, Moosewala said:

Hi.

Soooo.... Is it an easy camera to learn on https://100001.onl/ https://1921681254.mx/ https://happymod.site/?

What else should I know?

Thank you my issue got solved,...

Recently purchased a new D-Lux 7.  I am super impressed with the feel and ergonomics of the camera.  Being used to carrying extra lenses with my previous camera's, it is fun to grab my d-lux and walk out the door with just one piece of equipment.  I've been on a M43 sensor platform for several years now with a Lumix and Olympus and I like this sensor so no issues for me with the D-lux having the same size sensor.  Images look excellent.  Like the other M43 sensors, the ISO can be a limiter in low light but it has image stabilization and that helps.

Just started playing with the Leica FOTO's app.  Seems to work pretty well.  Not sure if it's worth $50 for the pro version.

Overall, I am very happy with my purchase.

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 7/29/2020 at 9:27 AM, Keith (M) said:

Bought mine about three months ago as a small, lightweight, easy-to-use but versatile 'walk about' camera.  Very pleased with the results - some examples in this Flickr album.

Some beautiful images, the macro of the blue fly is impressive, I didn't knew it could focus so close.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 8 months later...