DNG Compression for Q2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Was thinking about getting the M10-R, so I downloaded a few DNG files from DPReview (seems better DR than Q2, and the 50 APO is stunning in 40MP).  Are M10-R DNG files compressed?  They are about 45MB each.

The 7MP difference between M10-R and Q2 should not cause doubling file size.  So I assume M10-R DNG are compressed.  Is it lossless or lossy compression?  

I have sent a few emails to Leica to provide lossy Q2 compression as an option (and different JPG qualities), but no change so far.  I would much prefer compressed DNG files (even lossy ones) for speed and storage.  Is hardware encoder needed that Leica can offer it through firmware update?

Any thoughts?

Leica uses lossless DNG compression. Previous Ms had a menu option. I don't know whether the M10R has. I think it highly unlikely that Leica will ever offer lossy DNG compression; it doesn't fit their philosophy.
Better buy a larger SSD for you computer.

8 minutes ago, jaapv said:

Leica uses lossless DNG compression. Previous Ms had a menu option. I don't know whether the M10R has. I think it highly unlikely that Leica will ever offer lossy DNG compression; it doesn't fit their philosophy.
Better buy a larger SSD for you computer.

Let's hope they offer lossless compression for Q2 then. I suppose the downside could be compression error and corrupted files? 

The compression also helps write speed on the card and buffer clearing.  Firmware 2.0 helped a lot, but still had full buffer with Sony Tough SD (advertised 299MB/s write).

The larger computer storage advice unfortunately is not helpful.  Have plenty of storage, and if I am really concerned about DNG file size, LR lossy DNG conversion would do the trick.

There seems a defensiveness sometimes when discussing Leica product.  Isn't Leica's image based on always listening to customers and improving their products?