Hoping that CL2 = mini SL2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

3 hours ago, nicci78 said:

Do not hesitate to learn some new skills. Videos are hard to do right. But don’t be lazy : practice it until you master it. Then you won’t be afraid of the V word. 

And now you are a video teacher ...  

Filmic pro is a fantastic app difficult to master on iPhone I don’t need a very bad video menu on a Leica camera

Edited by jaapv
ad-hominem removed

34 minutes ago, LocalHero1953 said:

I have zero problem with including features in a camera that I don't need myself, but the camera can do. The lack of video was a contributing factor also for me in not moving to the M10 from the M240, though the lack of an electronic/silent shutter was the main one. However I can understand Leica not including video in order to avoid overheating. I just hope they don't leave it out for some notional retro aesthetic. 

Then why not an option in the menu : show/hide video menu 

on hide it would be a 100% still camera 

10 minutes ago, LocalHero1953 said:

But then the forum would be filled with posts "I can't find the video settings?".
I don't use video on the CL, so I just ignore the video menus. It's just not a problem I have.

Next step is adding Lightroom and social sharing , why not selfies feature

when menus are becoming each time bigger it’s a good idea to have an option to hide or  show some parts that you will never use 

Edited by cirke

It is basically completely uninteresting whether I like to use a video feature or other persons do not, or any other feature. That is a personal choice. What really bothers me is the intolerance of the drive to remove options from a camera based on personal preference. I really prefer manual focus over AF. Should that mean that I should be pestering Leica to remove Autofocus from the CL2? There a many options on modern cameras that some people use and others don't. Why single this one out and turn a personal preference into a crusade?

Nobody is stopping anybody from not using Video. It is just a matter of not activating it. Why the the intolerance of trying to prevent others use it? I hate to see the mentality spill over from the  M system.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, cirke said:

when menus are becoming each time bigger it’s a good idea to have an option to hide or  show some parts that you will never use 

But I don't use Scene mode, nor all the jpg options. Should I be able to hide those as well?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

26 minutes ago, cirke said:

Settings that are not applicable in the mode that one is using are  greyed out when not in  that mode mode - that runs universal through all menus of all camera makers. The reason that they are not hidden is that the remaining menus would be on different pages of the menu depending on the camera settings making them harder to find. I think that Leica has found a very good interface with the button-type front page.

Just now, Reggie said:

I can on the TL2....

Remembering back to when I had a TL2.......you just bury all the options you don't want at the bottom of the menu hierarchy - is that correct? So not so much hidden as put where you don't see them when you're looking for the ones you normally want. Yes, that would be fine for me, if Leica allowed that sort of customisation of the whole menu system.

23 minutes ago, LocalHero1953 said:

But I don't use Scene mode, nor all the jpg options. Should I be able to hide those as well?

it would be perfect to have a part in the menu to show/hide useless/full options, very easy to do for  a programer and each one could have a simplified menu according to its needs

then to answer your question  yes 

btw i use scene mode only to have a black and white view

Edited by cirke

19 minutes ago, jaapv said:

Settings that are not applicable in the mode that one is using are  greyed out when not in  that mode mode - that runs universal through all menus of all camera makers. The reason that they are not hidden is that the remaining menus would be on different pages of the menu depending on the camera settings making them harder to find. I think that Leica has found a very good interface with the button-type front page.

no only a part in the menu an independent tab,  with show/hide and all options like video , scene, ...

everyone would be happy to have a custom menu

i have a Sony a7r3 the worst camera I have ever used for menu and ergonomics 

Edited by cirke

1 minute ago, LocalHero1953 said:

Remembering back to when I had a TL2.......you just bury all the options you don't want at the bottom of the menu hierarchy - is that correct? So not so much hidden as put where you don't see them when you're looking for the ones you normally want. Yes, that would be fine for me, if Leica allowed that sort of customisation of the whole menu system.

It's a little more active than that - you choose which menu options you'd like to add to your 'favourites'. You can have as few or as many as you wish. This is what I love about the TL2 - the simplicity of the form factor (2 dials and 2 buttons) along with a GUI which can be as simplified down to the bare bones of what suits me.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cirke said:

it would be perfect to have a part in the menu to show/hide useless/full options, very easy to do for  a programer and each one could have a simplified menu according to its needs

the to answer your question  yes 

btw i use scene mode only to have a black and white view

I would find it rather confusing, like having to learn a different camera each time you change the mode.  Anyway, the  menu should be used rarely, only to set up the camera or to temporarily change a parameter according to use. The user profiles are provided to steer you away from trying to play the camera like a chuch organ instead of taking photographs.

10 minutes ago, Reggie said:

It's a little more active than that - you choose which menu options you'd like to add to your 'favourites'. You can have as few or as many as you wish. This is what I love about the TL2 - the simplicity of the form factor (2 dials and 2 buttons) along with a GUI which can be as simplified down to the bare bones of what suits me.

Leica is adopting some of the TL interface into the menu structure already with the top menu.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jaapv said:

Well, actually it would be if one uses the video function regularly.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by cirke

7 minutes ago, LocalHero1953 said:

If Leica went down the road of having a fully customisable menu system, that would be fine AFAIC. But it wouldn't be if they removed options, like video, entirely. 

if it can  be totally hidden yes of course, they can even add an instagram  feature 

and as i said before id like to get a custom button instead of the play button

Edited by cirke

14 minutes ago, cirke said:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

In that case your solution is so simple: Gaffers Tape.

It would make more sense to remove the meaningless AWB pictogram.

• Haha 2