Hoping that CL2 = mini SL2

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear Leica, please make us a mini SL2 with IBIS & weather sealing. Still with APS-C sensor within the CL body.  It can be a bit bigger. I don’t mind. Actually it is a bit too small. As I have to add a grip and a thumb rest, for better handling.  Please find a way to use the same battery as SL-Q2-SL2.    A better sensor will be awesome. Of course   Thanks in advanced.    PS : If you plan to release a CL2 without weather sealing and IBIS. Don’t even bother. It w

Start asking for stuff not being there, some day they just might get rid of something you do want. Just use the freakin’ thing the way you want and ignore the extra fluff, knowing it wasn’t made just for you.

Paged through part of this thread. Many of you have spent a lot more time thinking about what you want in the CL2... IBIS please. I am quite happy with its size, or more importantly with the size of the lenses. If the body gets a few millimeters or so larger, I don't really care. What I know is that I have some lightweight and small zoom lenses that are sharp wide open, and end to end. You can keep it at 24megapixel. If you can update the sensor for a little better low light capability

Posted Images

54 minutes ago, dfdann said:

The Fugi sure looks larger to me. I personally don’t want a larger camera.

+1. Not sure why one would want an APS camera as big or bigger than a full frame camera but the FF Sony A7C is smaller if thicker than the CL and has IBIS as well so all hope is not lost for CL2 or CL3 users. I would not like an EVF as small as that of the A7C though.

In the SL2-S discussion a reader has information of no CL2 in the fore-seeable future.  If so, I will stick with my M10 or go Sony for a travel camera.

- from Camerasize.com:

Need to consider weight as well, of course.

The more I reflect on this, the more I think I would be happy with more of the same.  The same CL I use every day, just improved in ways recent technology makes easy to do - a bit faster autofocus, a bit better viewfinder detail, a bit smaller VF lag,  a bit better sensor etc. etc.  No new features.

Once upon a time (before Steve Jobs died) Apple brought out a new version of MacOS that had no new features it was just faster and took less disk space.  Best upgrade I ever saw because it kept things as simple and elegant as they already were, with the same familiar interface, more speed and robustness.

Edited by rob_w
  • 1 month later...

Found an instant cure : use CL only with AF-C + AF target mode + no touch 

Then use the CL almost like a M camera with AF : point to your subject.
Then half press the shutter.   
Then the camera will follow the subject. It works great. 

NB1 : after each shot the point will stay at its last position. Very handy if you need to make multiple shots of same subject. 
Double tap to center it again. 

NB2 : if you use one of the two Monochrom image profile. The CL will revert back to colour when the shutter is half pressed. The target mode needs colour informations to work . But your image will be in black and white. 

• 2 weeks later...

From Leicarumors, CL2 camera rumor:

• 26MP BSI sensor (probably from Sony)
  • OLED EVF with 3.6 million dots (same as Q2)
  • Image stabilization
  • Weather sealing
  • New/updated camera design/style ???
  • Joystick controller
  • Expected shipping: April 2021
  • Expected price: around €2,700 (over $3,000)
Edited by serhan

A bunch of cameras already Fujifilm XT-3 + X-T4 + X-Pro 3 + X-T30 + X100 V + X-S10

Soon to be released Pentax K-3 mark III

The specs looks too good to be true. looks like my wish list. If true, it will be an instant success. I will definitely buy one. 

Edited by nicci78
1 hour ago, nicci78 said:

A bunch of cameras already Fujifilm XT-3 + X-T4 + X-Pro 3 + X-T30 + X100 V + X-S10

Soon to be released Pentax K-3 mark III

The specs looks too good to be true. looks like my wish list. If true, it will be an instant success. I will definitely buy one. 

Plus whatever Leica has learned about colour management from the M10R and SL2-S.
I totally agree - too good to be true - but I'd be in.

Edited by LocalHero1953

I’ve no interest in investing in another lens mount system - I've been willing to invest in m-mount because there is plenty of choice, great quality and it has a good resale market. I have a CL only because a) it works with my m-mount lenses with a tolerable evf, b) my iphone still isn’t good enough, c) it’s less expensive than the M10.

To attract my $ the CL2 needs to do a better job of being a mini M with an excellent evf.