Why don't we see video clips? -post some here-

jaapv

Advertisement (gone after registration)

This is an unique M - it does video. So post them here!

I don't have the camera any more, but sitting on the shores of Lake Nyassa (Mozambiqu) a few years ago, the villagers suddenly appeared...

Summilux 50 asph.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

• jaapv pinned this topic
16 hours ago, jaapv said:

This is an unique M - it does video. So post them here!

I don't have the camera any more, but sitting on the shores of Lake Nyassa (Mozambiqu) a few years ago, the villagers suddenly appeared...

Summilux 50 asph.

Nice quality, the audio isn’t bad, either.

This is exactly the kind of thing that I wanted to pick up an M (Typ 240) for. When I’m out and about snapping shots, or while it’s standing by around my neck, I like to be ready to go with the tool I already have the best access than fumble around, digging my phone out of my pocket every time I sense an urge to record. 

I was in Ukraine last year with my TL, and a group of locals started singing in Kiev, near the Golden Gate. I was very happy to capture the moment in full motion 

• Like 1

• jaapv changed the title to Why don't we see video clips? -post some here-
On 7/19/2020 at 3:42 AM, tsleica said:

Leica dudes are generally not into video..

No video in M10..no flippy screens to be seen..

I wish they would make an M10 w/video and a flippy screen..

Would make the cam  actually useful to me and worth the cash..

Like thats gonna happen...lol..

Might as well throw in auto-focus while your at it?

Maybe there should  be a law that makes all cameras exactly the same? 

Edited by steve 1959

Might as well throw in auto-focus while your at it?

Maybe there should  be a law that makes all cameras exactly the same? 

Nobody said that..

But not having video...when its definitely possible w/flick of a switch..or touch screen......is just crippling an otherwise nice cam..

And reducing its overall value..and usability..for most users..

18 hours ago, tsleica said:

Nobody said that..

But not having video...when its definitely possible w/flick of a switch..or touch screen......is just crippling an otherwise nice cam..

And reducing its overall value..and usability..for most users..

I dont want video on my camera but respect your different opinion.

I suppose leica have a unique problem of trying to please minimalists/purists and others who want video,flippy/touch screen,EVF ,live view, etc etc.

Well, having one small button that you don''t have to use hardly cripples a camera. However, the reason that it is not present on an M10 is that Leica was unable to implement it technically, mainly through heat management problems, not for minimalistic/purist reasons. The cameras intended for that group of users are the ones without LCD. Anyway, this thread is for M240 clips, if any, and not for re-discussing the Video controversy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In another thread, I found that the forum accepted an MP4 out of my iPhone by choosing the file from my desktop. But I do have moderator's settings, so I don't know whether that goes for members as well.There is also an "insert other media" button that I have never used...

I would say: just go ahead and try: there is nothing that can break ;)

Am 14.8.2020 um 12:33 schrieb a.noctilux:

is it possible to post video directly here ?

In theory yes, but I strongly suggest to use Youtube or Vimeo for upload and include them here.

Video in a decent quality needs a load of data and server ressources, which would overload the forum server.

Andreas

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, LUF Admin said:

In theory yes, but I strongly suggest to use Youtube or Vimeo for upload and include them here.

Video in a decent quality needs a load of data and server ressources, which would overload the forum server.

Andreas

Thanks Andreas, that is clear.

I think that is a bridge too far for me to post video.

Arnaud

On 7/19/2020 at 8:20 AM, Charadis said:

Nice quality, the audio isn’t bad, either.

This is exactly the kind of thing that I wanted to pick up an M (Typ 240) for. When I’m out and about snapping shots, or while it’s standing by around my neck, I like to be ready to go with the tool I already have the best access than fumble around, digging my phone out of my pocket every time I sense an urge to record. 

I was in Ukraine last year with my TL, and a group of locals started singing in Kiev, near the Golden Gate. I was very happy to capture the moment in full motion 

Show!  

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/25/2020 at 10:10 PM, LUF Admin said:

Andreas

Or TikTox.:) 
But be warned, it can be tiktoxicated.

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, epand56 said:

Barco, could you please post the settings you used for taking the night movie? Aperture and time, thank you.

Enrico

I set the iso to 800 and 25fps. I noticed that once I started recording, the camera set the shutter speed automatically to 1/50, which isn’t even an option on the top dial. Aperture was set to 1.4

• Like 1