how long will my two m262 cameras last?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I honestly think compared to a m240 or the m10 the m262 willl last longer as it doesnt have live view which relies on a an actuation. But i guess it also depends whether one uses liveview alot.Does any one know the shutter count expentancy on a m240/m262  and m10?

The shutter on my M240 broke after an estimated 300,000 pictures. They fixed it for free as they said it shouldn't have broken in that time!

I just got it back from a second trip to Wetzlar to have the viewfinder recalibrated, now with about 400,000 shots on it. That was done for free too. The guy in the shop said that the 240 is by far the most reliable of the recent M cameras.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 7/19/2020 at 12:30 AM, darylgo said:

M9 bodies are as old as 11 years, almost. Leica continues repairs. My M240 is 7 years and continues as new. Difficult to assess longevity. Leica is exemplary in their long term support. 

Leica has announced that production for the M9 sensor has ceased so they're probably down to whatever supplies they still have.

On 7/20/2020 at 1:00 AM, steve 1959 said:

Thing is the 262 is perfect for me and no other design since is similar bearing in mind i like to review images on the screen but want nothing to do with live view,EVF and touchscreen.

Is it not possible to turn off LV or touch? Just an idea.

Regarding the EVF; simply do not buy it and it is no problemo. :)

On 7/30/2020 at 2:12 AM, steve 1959 said:

My plan with my 2 m262 cameras is to buy a couple of batteries in two or three years time,i now have three batteries.

Of course i will have to keep an eye on availability until then in case i need to buy earlier.

I agree that working batteries is usually the biggest problem with old (portable) electronics. This is the one concern to look out for.

On 8/20/2020 at 8:14 PM, carbon_dragon said:

Leica has announced that production for the M9 sensor has ceased so they're probably down to whatever supplies they still have.

Yes, this is definitely one big reason for me to avoid buying second hand M9 (especially without recently exchanged sensor).

Advertisement (gone after registration)

10 hours ago, martinot said:

Is it not possible to turn off LV or touch? Just an idea.

Regarding the EVF; simply do not buy it and it is no problemo. :)

EVF does not function on the m262 and it also has no live view.

My son's still flawlessly shooting my 14 yo Leica M8 that yet almost looks like new after thousands of pictures. I think that in digital cameras, good care is all (we did nothing more than keeping it clean and avoid shocks).

Edited by epand56
  • Like 1