M10-R SHIPPING?

m410

Advertisement (gone after registration)

3 hours ago, scott kirkpatrick said:

Few dealers will even tell you where you stand on their lists, which makes the opportunistic sellers (Leica online, B&H) even more attractive.  My usual dealer has been able to get me a camera within a week or two of announcement when I have been at least in the first 3-4, they are open about where I stand.  But this time I was further back, and the deliveries seem to  be coming slower. 

My usual dealer has lost out of at least three camera sales from me because of the online shop. While I like the idea of being loyal, there doesn't seem to be any benefit to waiting in line when the cameras or lenses are immediately available elsewhere. I bought the M10-R today from the online shop, and it still had at least two more available (black, more in chrome) for immediate sale. Who knows when my dealer would have called me with one.

Edited by John Smith

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was on the Leica Camera USA site looking at M accessories and noticed the importer has a shop, so I clicked on it and discovered, to my surprise, they had a black M10R so I bought it.  While I'm, of course, pleased that I was able to get an M10R, I'm curious as to why the Leica importer, who parcels shipments from Leica to all the Leica Stores and dealers in the US is able, at the same time, to compete with those they supply?

On 9/15/2020 at 4:22 PM, billhart said:

I was on the Leica Camera USA site looking at M accessories and noticed the importer has a shop, so I clicked on it and discovered, to my surprise, they had a black M10R so I bought it.  While I'm, of course, pleased that I was able to get an M10R, I'm curious as to why the Leica importer, who parcels shipments from Leica to all the Leica Stores and dealers in the US is able, at the same time, to compete with those they supply?

What do you mean “importer has a shop?’ I couldn’t locate that on the site. Thx

7 hours ago, thedwp said:

What do you mean “importer has a shop?’ I couldn’t locate that on the site. Thx

Google makes it more difficult, because 4-6 retailers are desperately trying to get your attention by paying them ad fees to list them ahead of the US Leica distributor's online sales site.  There really is a war going on between the major Leica channels, and Google sells the tickets as well as the weapons.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

10 hours ago, scott kirkpatrick said:

Google makes it more difficult, because 4-6 retailers are desperately trying to get your attention by paying them ad fees to list them ahead of the US Leica distributor's online sales site.  There really is a war going on between the major Leica channels, and Google sells the tickets as well as the weapons.

No, Google does not sell search result positions. What you see at the top are ads, and they are clearly marked as such.

Google places ads, set in the same type as the search results, with a tiny "AD" string at the front  It took me, at least, a little while to learn that I had to scroll down almost a full screenful to get to the genuine search results.  On a phone, it can be several screenfulls.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, scott kirkpatrick said:

ahhh, makes sense. thanks for the info. 

On 9/17/2020 at 1:15 PM, scott kirkpatrick said:

Google places ads, set in the same type as the search results, with a tiny "AD" string at the front  It took me, at least, a little while to learn that I had to scroll down almost a full screenful to get to the genuine search results.  On a phone, it can be several screenfulls.

Agreed! I like it much better when the Ads were in a different style (blue background?). I got used to the new style, and automatically filter the Ad entries, but it can be confusing.

• 2 weeks later...

I am waiting on a silver M10R and got calls from 2 dealers this morning (small town private shops) that they were notified of coming inventory available in a few days.  Cannot wait.  I packed up my silver M10 and sent it for consignment.

1 hour ago, robsonj said:

Yea, I was able to get one this morning, arrives on Friday, time to pack up the 240, popflash has a silver available right now

Congrats. Now I solely use Leica. Sold my Nikon DSLR system a while ago. Also no more film for me. For “classic” digital, I use the M9P and M9M. For the latest, it will be the M10R and M10M. 

• Like 1