Live: Unveiling of the next M10 family member!

LUF Admin

In all fairness to Leica the M10R did not really deserve an expensive launch.It was one of the worst kept secrets, having been launched months ago on Leica Rumours.
The only new thing was at last we had a price. Personally I am considering buying one even though I get pretty good A2 prints from my M9 (and my iPhone) . I am sure I will get better prints from a M10R with the usual help I get from Image Print Black.

20 hours ago, Tailwagger said:

All of which, 97% of the time, gets squashed back down to a 2048 px long edge rendition on an HD screen which... surprise! ... often looks like a chaotic crap pile. While there are definitely advantages to more data, there are disadvantages and dangers as well. Crush the sun down to the size of a peanut and lookout blackhole event horizon. Which sucks... literally... at least gravitationally speaking.  

Exactly!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 7/16/2020 at 3:39 PM, LUF Admin said:

Here is some more information

Leica M10-R details | Technical Data | Jono’s Review

Plus a video I had with Stefan on Tuesday, English subtitles available.

Thanks for sharing this video 

I really enjoyed watching the nice and interesting talk with Stefan Daniel !

More information and a more relaxed mood than with the official video.

Didier

• Like 1

Guest Nowhereman
34 minutes ago, typ3656 said:

Leica Camera re-did this just over an hour ago. It went muuuuuuch better....

Yes, that's a lot better: they make the case for the camera and include a brief statement on what type of customer may be interested in it, as opposed the type that may prefer the 24 MP M10-P.

Edited by Nowhereman

4 hours ago, BrianP said:

In all fairness to Leica the M10R did not really deserve an expensive launch.It was one of the worst kept secrets, having been launched months ago on Leica Rumours.

Leica Rumors (Peter) flip flopped up until the delivery date on the sensor, alternately posting that it was 40MP like the Monochrom, then 47MP as derived from the Q2, which was his last prediction before announcement.  His recent track record... e.g., wrong multiple times regarding Leica C-M, then SL2 release date... has been poor.  

Nicci, however, got it perfectly right here back in January in the first M10-R thread, the first to explain how Leica used the S007 and S3 sensor wafer/architecture to incorporate in various M bodies (the S007 spawning the M240, and the S3 leading to the M10 Monochrom and M10-R).

Red Dot Forum (David Farkas) has further clarified that the M10 Monochrom was uncharacteristically released before the color version only because Leica happened to finish that work earlier, while the M10-R took more time.  In the past, the Monochroms have followed the respective color versions.

Jeff

17 hours ago, dot-me-not said:

Sleepy-faced owner, anxious employee, deer-in-the-headlights "guest", end-table knick-knacks for unveiling. All that was missing was some white wine, pita bread and hummus. Loved it. 

It made me think of this master work of basement broadcasting:

Edited by Herr Barnack

54 minutes ago, Dr No said:

Downsampling has nothing to do with it. This humbleness you speak of is something you could learn, along with some fundamental basics.

The point being made is what technique is used to fit a 40mp image into the 6mp 'window' of a 4k monitor?

• Like 1

Moving the subject on .....

did anyone else look through Jono’s pictures and when they reached the one of the corner of the kitchen, think it looks medium format?  For me that one stood out as seriously different. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, stunsworth said:

The point being made is what technique is used to fit a 40mp image into the 6mp 'window' of a 4k monitor?

Perhaps you've not seen, but the difference between an HD(ish) and 2K monitor is noticeable enough, 4K is significant. The resolution is considerably greater and It is a more enjoyable experience.

View these monitors side by side and you will see the stark differences. And even enough to see your split hairs. 😂

As for techniques to help you viewing and enjoyings them, I suggest the ancient technique of Command and the + keys to zoom in to the wonderful details.

What comes across to me in all of his interviews is that Dr Andreas Kaufmann seems to be a really nice person and his obvious enthusiasm for photography and Leica cameras has got to be a good thing for the brand that was faltering before he took over and sunk money into the company.

For that I thank him for saving Leica from investment or from possible take over by people who had no real interest in the core business or photography itself.

• Like 2