Malfunctioning 240

Advertisement (gone after registration)

When I turn my camera on (on both S or C) the normal frame lines apear in the viewfinder but the screen does not turn on. Lens are uncovered. The red light on the right of the screen keeps flashing. When I press the shutter I hear the shutter sound and through the lenses I can see that it opens and closes (as it should be). Nothing is recorded in the SD Card, the screen never turns on and the flashing red light never goes off.

I have already trying replacing the battery and the card and tried to update the firmware.

Any ideas or suggestions? Unfortunately, not easy for the me to take it to the Leica Service.

1 hour ago, Luiz Peccioli said:

Darylgo,

Thank you for the suggestion. I have tried formatting the SD card (in the computer) and it and it did not work. Hopefully someone else may have another idea. But thanks anyway.

One last thing you might try is to take the battery out for 3-4 days. Then put the battery in and see if it fires up. 

You could have a bad battery charger and the batteries aren’t charging.

The M (Typ 240) usually flashes the red light when it's trying to access the SD card. Sometimes a bit of lint or dust can interfere with the card contacts, or some of the contacts could be bent. Having a look at those contacts might be worthwhile.

• Like 1

Hi Luiz. Are you saying that you are able to view menus on the screen, or is the screen completely off? If it is completely off, then I think there is nothing that you can do about it and that your only choice is to send the camera to Leica.