Pixii : A new M mount rangefinder

IkarusJohn

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Interesting times. Hot on the heals of the L Mount collaboration between Panasonic, Leica & Sigma, a French company has announced a full frame, M mount, LCD-less camera (the iPod of photography) and Zeiss announces the ZX1, full frame, 35mm fixed lens 37.5MP camera ...

What more does Leica have up its sleeve.

https://leicarumors.com

Konost II. I'll believe it when I can actually order it. More interested in the Zeiss at this point. That I believe will see the light of day. 

What is interesting though is that both of these cameras seem to be trying to break the mold.  Built-in CC, no memory slot on one hand, no screen, setup and playback via cellphone on the other.  Not sure how I feel about that to be honest.

I don't see the relevance of the Zeiss to this forum other than the fact that they make M mount lenses.

Their new camera is fixed mount

It seems like Zeiss direct take on the Q concept (fast fixed lens with full frame sensor). There is a thread in the Q forum where this is discussed (so that alone makes it relevant).

• 3 weeks later...
Am 28.9.2018 um 06:55 schrieb IkarusJohn:

...a French company has announced a full frame, M mount, LCD-less camera...

I did not read anwhere that it will be full frame. The specs published on the pixii side say „CMOS Sensor with 5.5um pixels“.

I confess that I don‘t understand what „5.5um“ means.

A 5.5µm sized pixel would correspond to

• a 28.5 MPixel FF sensor
  • a 12.7 Mpixel APS-C sensor
  • a 8.0 Mpixel m4/3 sensor

assuming my calculations are correct...😁

I noticed that the Pixii homepage didn't mentioned anything about a memory card but a lot about how much this camera utilises a smartphone so I am wondering if all images are directly transferred to the phone and not stored by the camera at all? I assume this would mean JPEG only.

Edited by joakim_d

Well, if one looks around to get some more information about „PIXII SAS“ one learns it‘s a Société par actions simplifiée founded in 2015 by one person with a capital of 50.000,-€. I presume their most important work consists of creating a website and waiting for a phone call by Dr. Kaufmann. 

• Haha 1

On 10/19/2018 at 9:01 PM, UliWer said:

Well, if one looks around to get some more information about „PIXII SAS“ one learns it‘s a Société par actions simplifiée founded in 2015 by one person with a capital of 50.000,-€. I presume their most important work consists of creating a website and waiting for a phone call by Dr. Kaufmann. 

Perhaps a Kickstarter campaign will follow... . (Ending like Meyer Optik Görlitz, C. P. Goerz and Oprema Jena)

Edited by rjans

2 hours ago, UliWer said:

It doesn‘t look like „Kickstarter“. The Société par actions simplifiée (SAS) is a form of stock holder company to attract investors. Some well known french companies like Chanel or Airbus France are SAS.

Thanks, that’s indeed very different.

Best

On October 21, 2018 at 11:41 AM, rjans said:

Perhaps a Kickstarter campaign will follow... . (Ending like Meyer Optik Görlitz, C. P. Goerz and Oprema Jena)

Or new "Yashica". 

Even if they will made it and sell it. Who is going to support and service it? 

• jaapv changed the title to A new rangefinder camera with the M mount {merged}