B&W Portrait 2 B in Philly

dkmoore

Well that's a beautiful shot, any comments are entirely personal because it's your shot but for me, scrolling down the page, it's even stronger as a 5x4 crop with the top gone, I don't think it adds anything. Either way, a beautiful young woman who you have done complete justice to, I wish I'd taken it.

Mat

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, gwpics said:

Really nice! If you are using Lightroom it may be an idea to lighten the eyes with the 'Iris Enhance' brush.

Gerry

I didn’t know there was such a tool and I have been using LR for my entire photography life (about 9 years). Ha!

Thanks you. I’ll do some google and YouTube. 

19 hours ago, dkmoore said:

I didn’t know there was such a tool and I have been using LR for my entire photography life (about 9 years). Ha!

Thanks you. I’ll do some google and YouTube. 

It really is very simple. Go: Develop > Brush > Effect > Iris Enhance. You may be surprised at what else is there!

Good luck!

Gerry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm a bit late to the game here but would like to add my compliments on a really nice portrait. You nailed it.

The one minor criticism I have is to perhaps try to avoid bright OOF objects in the background which can pull attention away from your beautiful model.

Edited by fotografr
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2020 at 2:57 AM, gwpics said:

It really is very simple. Go: Develop > Brush > Effect > Iris Enhance. You may be surprised at what else is there!

Good luck!

Gerry

I followed your directions and I do not see Iris enhance. I even used the search function. I'm using LR classic with the latest update. Maybe this is in photoshop?