Doomsday

albert

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The lake REALLY looked just like the camera said it did.  

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

I have struggled with this as well. If one straightens the horizon the trees are skewed.  The horizontal perspective tool in PS is effective in many cases. Or just leave it, as it is a true representation of the way it was; it is just our brain that wants everything square.

• Thanks 1

Depending on how the shore line runs and how it is shaped, it can look skewed in the photograph, in spite of the camera being absolutely level.

There are choices, though:  As @jaapv stated,  the horizontal perspective tool in Photoshop can be an effective solution. 

Or we can  choose whichever is the least distracting between a skewed looking shore line or skewed looking trees. 

Or we can split the difference.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest BlackBarn

The lake (colours/light)  looking like that.....it must have been wonderful experiencing that atmosphere. 

I find moments like these, photos can never capture what I’m sensing and seeing ....mind you it never stops me trying.

Thanks for showing.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

12 hours ago, jaapv said:

I have struggled with this as well. If one straightens the horizon the trees are skewed.  The horizontal perspective tool in PS is effective in many cases. Or just leave it, as it is a true representation of the way it was; it is just our brain that wants everything square.

Jaapv, you have helped me feel more normal as it really was a struggle. Thank you. 

• Like 1

Hah!  Horizontal perspective correction, straighten horizon and perspective warp on the left-hand tree :)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/2/2020 at 9:34 PM, BlackBarn said:

The lake (colours/light)  looking like that.....it must have been wonderful experiencing that atmosphere. 

I find moments like these, photos can never capture what I’m sensing and seeing ....mind you it never stops me trying.

Thanks for showing.

Appreciate the kind words. My wife has enjoyed this spot for 70 years as I have for 50 years.  It was a once in a lifetime experience....so far. Thank you. 

1 hour ago, albert said:

Appreciate the kind words. My wife has enjoyed this spot for 70 years as I have for 50 years.  It was a once in a lifetime experience....so far. Thank you. 

Obsessive-compulsive is the natural state of mind for we Leica photographer/connoisseurs. 

Don't worry, be happy.  🙂

Edited by Herr Barnack
  • Thanks 1