Has anybody done business with " Rangefinder HK"?

photophile

2 hours ago, Rick in CO said:

As above, purchased a new Leica lens from him that was as advertised and mailed fast.

How long ago?  Shipped how? Were there any taxes or fees involved, expected or unanticipated?  I’ve read mixed reports about these US/overseas import experiences, even sometimes involving surprise charges well after merchandise receipt.  I’ve not checked into the legal details or a buyer’s responsibilities, although I am aware of the 25% tariffs imposed on companies for German lenses.

Jeff

On 7/1/2020 at 12:12 PM, Jeff S said:

How long ago?  Shipped how? Were there any taxes or fees involved, expected or unanticipated?  I’ve read mixed reports about these US/overseas import experiences, even sometimes involving surprise charges well after merchandise receipt.  I’ve not checked into the legal details or a buyer’s responsibilities, although I am aware of the 25% tariffs imposed on companies for German lenses.

Jeff

No taxes, fees, or other issues.  My eBay summary says it arrived within 4 days.  I would buy again from this vendor based on my single experience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Zitat

No taxes, fees, or other issues.

You are lucky. I looked at the Dutch customs page and we will have to pay 21% VAT + importduties. Makes the article I looked at more expensive than at home.

Germany which lowered its VAT is more attractive at the moment.

In the UK, you are charged not only duty and VAT, but also a fee to pay for the evaluation process that that resulted in the duty and VAT being levied. As a freelance journalist, I have often wondered how my clients would react if I added to my invoices a separate charge to compensate me for the inconvenience of having had to write the article.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I greatly appreciate all the input on my OP. Given that Ken Hansen's family has continued the business, verified this week by email with them, I will continue my acquisitions (when I need to) through them. Yet, it is good to know that the ebay site maintained by Rangefinder HK is supported by a quality business. It does raise the issue of additional taxes if imported / shipped to the USA. If anyone knows the answer to that...

Thanks all. Coos

• 3 months later...
On 7/3/2020 at 7:47 PM, photophile said:

I greatly appreciate all the input on my OP. Given that Ken Hansen's family has continued the business, verified this week by email with them, I will continue my acquisitions (when I need to) through them. Yet, it is good to know that the ebay site maintained by Rangefinder HK is supported by a quality business. It does raise the issue of additional taxes if imported / shipped to the USA. If anyone knows the answer to that...

Thanks all. Coos

How is their pricing compared to other vendors? Do they sell new and used or just used? 

• 6 months later...

Has someone purchased from RangeFinder HK and had delivery to the US?  I was wondering what the customs fees are. the discount on the lens is significant (about 30%), but if the custom fees are high, then that evens it out.
Also, does the lens have the usual Leica warranty?

thanks.

On 5/3/2021 at 4:43 PM, FeralCoton said:

Has someone purchased from RangeFinder HK and had delivery to the US?  I was wondering what the customs fees are. the discount on the lens is significant (about 30%), but if the custom fees are high, then that evens it out.
Also, does the lens have the usual Leica warranty?

thanks.

I bought a 28 M Summilux a few months ago, received within 5 days to California, saved $2000 and no tax, yet.  Just bought a TL 18-56 with a great discount, received within 3 days. Faster than B&H.  I am thinking about the SL 75 next for portraits but am thinking my 50 SL Lux suits my style for now.  They are great and have quick and consistent communication. The only thing is the tax bill may or may not show up eventually. 

Edited by ymc226

8 minutes ago, ymc226 said:

I bought a 28 M Summilux a few months ago, received within 5 days to California, saved $2000 and no tax, yet.  Just bought a TL 18-56 with a great discount, received within 3 days. Faster than B&H.  I am thinking about the SL 75 next for portraits but am thinking my 50 SL Lux suits my style for now.  They are great and have quick and consistent communication. The only thing is the tax bill may or may not show up eventually. 

No tax? Thought it gets stuck at customs and won’t be released until you pay the customs fee? Is it not true?

Not for the US at least. The TL is a low cost item Leicawise. Rangefinder.hk immediately forwarded Fed Ex tracking info and there seems to be no delay as I followed the transit from Hong Kong to Japan to USA without delay as if it were a domestic delivery. 

• Thanks 1