Zeiss zm 35mm Biogon-C filters (step-up?)

Habbable

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Greetings from lockdown,

I just purchased a Zeiss zm 35mm Biogon-C F/2.8. Why? I don't know, I guess I wanted to try a Zeiss zm lens. I do also have a Summilux FLE, and a summicron V1 (Had a summicron ASPH, but never bonded with it).

Anyhow, I realized that this lens has 43mm filter threads and was wondering if anyone is using a step-up adapter to 46mm, and if so whether they get vignetting for 1-2 filters?

I would normally not hesitate to do this, but I ran into vignetting issues when stepping up from 39mm-46mm on a 50 APO lens (which was disappointing) and wasn't sure how well rangefinder lenses, in general and specific to this Zeiss lens, handle step-up adapters.

Vignetting is not the C-Biogon 35/2.8's forte but i doubt a step-up ring would worsen the situation. I like the superb Zeiss hoods too much to refrain from using 43mm filters though. BTW the Leica 13032 UVa II filter fits perfectly contrary to the 13417 UV/IR filter having not the same thread pitch. The later can be used with no harm if it is not tightened too much though.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, lct said:

Vignetting is not the C-Biogon 35/2.8's forte but i doubt a step-up ring would worsen the situation. I like the superb Zeiss hoods too much to refrain from using 43mm filters though. BTW the Leica 13032 UVa II filter fits perfectly contrary to the 13417 UV/IR filter having not the same thread pitch. The later can be used with no harm if it is not tightened too much though.

Thank you for the heads up on the filter pitch...I was hoping not to add yet another filter size to my red, yellow, polarizer juggling act.

• Thanks 1