Posted (edited)

I haven't the XOONS, but have both Summarit and Xenon 1,5 : front finishing and diameter (43mm) are exactly the same : don't see why a XOONS cannot be used on a Xenon. No other 50mm lens like this : 1st Summilx, for instance, is 45mm in diameter.

Edited by luigi bertolotti

sorry but XOONS doesn't fit the Xenon which has 43 mm diameter but XOONS still will not fit tightly

The hood for the Xenon is the XIOOM which is collapsible and resembles the SOOFM hood for the Summitar.

William

5 hours ago, romanus53 said:

sorry but XOONS doesn't fit the Xenon which has 43 mm diameter but XOONS still will not fit tightly

Really ? I thought that with the clamp screw of the XOONS you had a certain margin  (XOONS was made also without screw, indeed, but think it's very rare)

vor 4 Stunden schrieb luigi bertolotti:

Really ? I thought that with the clamp screw of the XOONS you had a certain margin  (XOONS was made also without screw, indeed, but think it's very rare)

Really, I tried in vain as I don't have a XIOOM and an old SOOFM is to narrow. XOONS on an old Helioplan push-on filter works but that's not a great combo. Conclusion: all those old 1.5 lenses require their own specific hood 😞

Posted (edited)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I know I had a XOONS in my collection, but  did not find a photo in my archives. Here are only photos - I have many - of the XIOOM, both in Wetzlar or ELNY origin.

Edited by Pecole

If this can help

Thank you Mr. Braconi for sharing these excellent pictures of your fine lens hoods. Beautiful accessories, well engineered, and ... even better looking when used while taking pictures 😀.

5 hours ago, ironringer said:

Thank you Mr. Braconi for sharing these excellent pictures of your fine lens hoods. Beautiful accessories, well engineered, and ... even better looking when used while taking pictures 😀.

There are more than 50 different detachable Leitz/Leica lens hood

Blimey, it's proving nearly impossible to find a decently priced XOONS. Ranging from £135, up to £850!!! To make matters worse, finding a 3rd party 41mm filter hood is even harder. 

When I bought a Xenon recently, as a result of reading about them here, I wondered about a lenshood for it, considering the price of the genuine Leitz ones.

But in practice I found that an ordinary 40.5mm screw in hood fits ok.

It seems to be pot luck with 40.5mm hoods and lens filters. I’ve three filters of that size and none fit. And one hood that didn’t either. I’ve even started looking at 43mm hoods of the screw ‘clamp’ variety, as a solution.