dkCambridgeshire

Panasonic S1 / S1R firmware request

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1000mm to 2000mm IBIS ... needed same when using 800mm with 2x extender ... photographing wading birds at 100m distance . I used a cable release and 2 sec self timer with IBIS switched off. 

dunk

I doubt that anyone at Panasonic looks here but just in case.....

I would like to have a proper support for long time exposures. 60sec. is the longest time you can dial in manually. For everything longer you have to use bulb.

a) I want to manually pick the time from 60sec. up to the maximum time in usable increments

b) when using bulb I want to have a timer that's visible at night. The shoulder display light goes off automatically when the shutter is pressed. No chance to see the timer in the shoulder display. Even better would a small counter on the otherwise black LCD display.

On 6/27/2020 at 12:16 PM, dkCambridgeshire said:

1000mm to 2000mm IBIS ... needed same when using 800mm with 2x extender ... photographing wading birds at 100m distance . I used a cable release and 2 sec self timer with IBIS switched off. 

dunk

There is no space for sensor to move that much to compensate for 1000mm lens movements.

I want the live composite update on my S1

had that on a omd-em1, and miss it.

Panasonic has added it to m4/3