Strange Happening with My CL

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I am out in the woods hiking, we are in an area of incredible Showy Lady Slippers, I change my lens from the 23 to my 105 Nikon. Take a few pictures, turn the camera off change back to the 23 camera went dead with a message "Upgrade Complete, restart the camera". I have been up to date with upgrades, camera and my one Leica L lens. This kept happening, I changed the battery waited 30 second with the battery out of the camera, still happening. I then put on the 55 7 Artisans lens and it went away. An hour later getting home I noticed I hadn't turned off the camera, put the 23 back on all was fine. So Hmmmm.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

It may have been the card, it was the one I used for the last update, interesting the lens was updated. I did a deep reformat of the card in the computer and when I inserted it into the camera (won't work with the computer format).

Maybe

1) the battery was almost gone 2 bars for a while.

2) because I had a full card I didn't bring an extra one

3) I changed the lens on the almost depleted battery, then put in the new battery, may have initiated the update cycle

Was just weird, never happens when I am taking photos around the house, always when I am off somewhere.

Edited by tommonego@gmail.com