The best of Leica R lenses for M systems?

onasj

In practical terms, the Minolta-branded 500/8 might by optically on par with its Leica-branded sister.

In case you struggle to invest in a legitimate Visoflex, expensive and eventually redundant with later camera generations, consider LCD loupes made for DSLRs in movie mode. The extra bulk doesn't matter in combination with bulky SLR lenses. You may even prefer the hood.

The 2nd picture I took with my new MR Telyt 500 (on M240) : I was surprised of how critical is focusing even at infinity...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3

The Elmarit R 35 is more or less glued to my M10.  A 35mm, because it squeezes some perspective into tight compositions. It gets  closer than the standard 70cm. The long focus thread leaves plenty of room for accurate stacking which means I can shoot at f2.8 with  window light. Did this today:

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, downstairs said:

The Elmarit R 35 is more or less glued to my M10.  A 35mm, because it squeezes some perspective into tight compositions. It gets  closer than the standard 70cm. The long focus thread leaves plenty of room for accurate stacking which means I can shoot at f2.8 with  window light. Did this today:

A beautiful photo - and you reminded me of just how surprised I was at how close one could focus when I put one on my R5 (both acquired together a couple of years ago).  Having been  reminded of that, I just had to try it on my M10M.  :)  A quick grab shot at f5.6 & ISO 4000.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
Am 24.6.2020 um 19:02 schrieb JMF:

Hi, if you need incentives to go out shopping for more  Leica R glass, well... the 28 Elmarit R v2 and the 50 Summilux R v2 e60 have no direct match in the M line up, in my humble views 🙂

Very glad, I already have them ( again) , so I'm almost cured, I guess? ;)