? dead batteries

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Have a Q2 for past few months with little use til now.  Went to take pictures and  when I look through  viewfinder  I only see the red leica symbol.  Nothing   works.   Yes it is turned on and hood off .  Can't believe both my batteries are dead.  What does it mean when you only see the red symbol through EVF.  Nothing shows on back screen.

I'm the same....Sandisk has served me well.  I just leave the same card in camera and use it year on year. All good for my Canons, Leicas, all computer, tablet, phone, gps, walkman, other electronica needs.  Just don't buy anything else.

Edited by david strachan
  • Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Oh gosh. This thread is following the classic line already.

OP posts about a failure. Suggestions are made and problem is solved (a defective product in this case). 

Then there are posts to defend the quality of the defective product. 

Soon there will be a post by someone about another brand of SD cards and it will evolve into a 'which card is best'. 

followed by a post that goes off into another direction alltogether. 

I am a Sandisk Extreme Pro guy - used them since 2006 and had one failure (2GB card in a DMR). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tonyg said:

Turned out to be a defective card.  It's a SanDIsk extreme pro 128GB.  Bought new when I got the camera.  Guess I've been lucky.  Never had a defective card before .

Glad to have helped..    L