F**k God

gwpics

7 hours ago, Louis said:

The kind of shots I wish I could shoot. Wonderful!

Thank you so very much Louis. So much of street photography is about seeing and not just looking.

I looked at your Instagram account and started following you. You have some nice work, and congrats on your LFI awards.

Gerry

• Like 1

• jaapv changed the title to F**k God
vor 11 Stunden schrieb gwpics:

For me street photography is like fishing - sometimes you fish all day and get nothing, other times you come home with a basket full of trout. For me Paris is like a fine trout stream where you cannot fail to catch fish! ...

Wouldn't this picture without the provocative wall script be just a typical sentimental tourist photo from Paris or any other place with street musicians playing accordion?
And in my opinion it remains the same no matter what has been smeared on the wall.

Just now, mnutzer said:

Wouldn't this picture without the provocative wall script be just a typical sentimental tourist photo from Paris or any other place with street musicians playing accordion?
And in my opinion it remains the same no matter what has been smeared on the wall.

Yes, without the combination of the graffiti it would be "a typical sentimental tourist photo" but in my opinion the graffiti raises it above that - but then you are entitled to your opinion as I am to mine.

Gerry

Just now, a.noctilux said:

I ask myself ( I fear would never have answer ) if the choice of this placing by the musician is haphazardly choosen or not.

"Photography is a brief complicity between foresight and luck." ( John Stuart Mill )

Certainly I was not complicit in his placing. Immediately left (but out of shot) is the entrance to the Metro, so I would think he has placed himself there to get maximum footfall from the station. It is (I assume) purely co-incidental that he is below the graffiti. I would NEVER construct a street photograph.

Thanks for commenting.

Gerry

8 hours ago, gwpics said:

Thank you so very much Louis. So much of street photography is about seeing and not just looking.

I looked at your Instagram account and started following you. You have some nice work, and congrats on your LFI awards.

Gerry

Gerry, thank you very much. I just followed back your beautiful instagram.

In regard to LFI, I have been spoiled by their generous encouragement, indeed. They selected 62 shots for their different galleries last year; and this year, I have 45 so far. But I prefer to not mention it too much in this site or in Instagram to not annoy friends. ;)

Kind regards,

Louis

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Louis said:

Gerry, thank you very much. I just followed back your beautiful instagram.

In regard to LFI, I have been spoiled by their generous encouragement, indeed. They selected 62 shots for their different galleries last year; and this year, I have 45 so far. But I prefer to not mention it too much in this site or in Instagram to not annoy friends. ;)

Kind regards,

Louis

LFI doesn't like my photos. 😂😂😂 I've submitted 6 or 7 and they only took 1, which was probably my least favorite. lol. 62 and 45 is a lot! congrats. 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, gwpics said:

For me street photography is like fishing - sometimes you fish all day and get nothing, other times you come home with a basket full of trout. For me Paris is like a fine trout stream where you cannot fail to catch fish!

Leica M6 + 50mm Summicron-M f2. Kodak T400CN (C-41) film.

Gerry

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Really enjoyed this one. thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

On 6/19/2020 at 9:10 PM, gwpics said:

". . . . . where you cannot fail to catch fish!"

- but still it needs Your talent, Gerry. Lovely image, You perfectly caught the musicians face.

Warmest greetings, Shlomo

21 minutes ago, Shlomo said:

- but still it needs Your talent, Gerry. Lovely image, You perfectly caught the musicians face.

Warmest greetings, Shlomo

Thank you so very much!

Gerry 

• Like 1

On 6/20/2020 at 7:42 AM, mnutzer said:

No, I don't think so. A good photo sets you off thinking. As I alluded to with Tom Waits' album name "Frank's Wild Years", when I look at this image I imagine a respectable man who's always played by the book always towing the line despite the injustices pressed on him but internally always wanted to rebel. Here we see him in his latter years having finally burst and enjoying the relief that brought 😂

Pete