TL2 discontinued ? Confirmed by Sigma ?

1 hour ago, nicci78 said:

Nobody should have to use DG DN 45mm f/2.8 with CL. Now that we got DC DN 30mm or 56mm f/1.4   They are made for APS-C. Therefore both smaller and faster. 

I have no idea what these are ...

Just Sigma’s latest L-mount lenses. They will be available in mid July. 
3 fast APS-C lenses : 16 - 30 - 56mm. All f/1.4
Which offer similar field of view and depth of field as 24x36 lenses f/2.1 24 - 45 - 85mm 

So now no need to use with CL/TL2 a slow full frame 45mm f/2.8 

• Like 1

On 7/9/2020 at 10:46 AM, jaapv said:

But how do they perform, especially wide open?

From what I read on dpreview on the E-mount version, the 30 mm is a pretty good lens (got an 87%/Gold rating). Performance wide open was significantly better than the native Sony 30 mm. Image quality will probably be a step down from the Leica TL 35 but not too far. And for $250 it’s a no brainer. 

The key take away from these new Sigma lenses is that L-mount APS-C is still alive so expect an update to at least the CL and hope for a TL update 🤞. I bought a TL2 last year and it’s exactly the camera I was looking for. For me, EVF is a throw back relic to the old days and redundant if you have a back screen. If Leica updates the TL2, I’d like a more sensitive APS-C sensor (without sacrificing IQ), higher resolution rear screen, faster processor, and dust/moisture resistance. Keep the form factor.

• Like 3