Compatible batteries

5 minutes ago, SoCalLeicanator said:

Well, I did the dumb thing and believe I lost my charger (with a battery in it :( ).

I was wondering whether there is a more cost friendly Lumix battery that is compatible or for that matter another compatible battery that won't command the premium of the Leica marque.

Thanks!

you're in luck panasonic dmw-blc12 https://amzn.to/30GTfKl. i just ordered a spare the other day.  i suspect leica along with most everyone else uses panasonic cells anyway--they're pretty well the gold standard in lithium batteries. and of course any charger that will charge this battery would work. 

/guy

• Thanks 1

Just now, SoCalLeicanator said:

Thanks to all.  New battery and charger coming.  Man is there a markup on the Leica equivalents!

when i put the panny battery in my cart it was like $42.97. when i checked out the next day it'd jumped $5.00. should have pulled the trigger right away, but as you said, about half the price of the leica one. /guy

I have been using Jupio batteries in my CL for two years now. They give more shots than the original Leica batteries. They sell an excellent universal charger too.

• Thanks 1

This topic has been discussed at length in earlier posts. There are several options much cheaper than the Panasonic that include chargers and work well.  The Wasabi battery and charger have been used by many posters. 

i use batmax, dste, and wasabi batteries and all 3 last nearly as long as the panasonic and leica batteries. but the op didn't ask for the cheapest or budget option, so i gave him what i considered the best step-down in price from the leica brand and which i consider as good or better quality than the leica brand. i haven't done any official tests because the off-brand batteries work ok for me, and indeed i've ordered 2x wasabi batteries for my s1 which are coming with the panasonic battery and i've used some of these brands for many years as spares and backups and although they can perform under average conditions quite well, i don't trust them completely under stress or heavy load as one or two have failed over the years or swelled when they got hot in camera or on charger or for allowing the camera to display an accurate 'remaining' so i always take a trusted backup if i'm doing something critical.

btw, the panasonic battery is the one the very popular gx85 uses and is proven reliable over the very long lifetime of that very good rf style camera--i still have mine.

/guy

I bought Wasabi batteries and find they don't last nearly as long as the 2 Leica batteries I bought with the camera. The charger that came with the Wasabi batteries in a little gem, takes 2 batteries, plugs into a USB connector. Excellent travel charger. I don't see any reason to stop using the Wasabi batteries, just have to be aware what is in the camera.

Edited by tommonego@gmail.com

CL batteries are awesome, working on Q, CL, several Lumix G cameras, V-Lux, Sigma Quattro & fp, etc... It is a kind of universal cheap and widely available battery. Love it. 

Sadly Q2 use über expensive SL battery. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
vor 35 Minuten schrieb Psrkn:

I just bought a used TL2 that came with a BP-DC13 Leica battery. I need more of the original battery or a compatible one.

Please advise!

Do you mean a BP-DC12? The Sigma or Panasonic BP-DC12 batteries are made in the same factory as the Leica batteries, I like the Sigma as they come with a nice case. For the TL or CL no need to buy a Leica battery. There are other 3rd party battery recommendations mentioned  in this thread.