New L-mount lenses for APS-C

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 hour ago, Boojay said:

Michael, it's the Lim's case with grip and dovetail plate, I was really lucky, a forum member gifted me his and sent it all the way to UK from USA when he gave up his CL.  I actually like the CL bare with most lenses but anything long or weighty, or for tripod use,  and the case/grip is a godsend, no need to remove to access battery and card slot. Sure they are available from other places but found this one on fleabay, just gives you the specs.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LIMS-Genuine-Leather-Camera-Half-Case-Dovetail-Plate-Grip-For-Leica-CL-BR-/253462320749

this is the one i settled on as well. i still need the thumb rest with it--i find the cl a very hard body to get a grip on although the sigma fp, although being square and you'd think easier, is just nearly as bad. but the older i get, the more things i drop. :)

/guy

Edited by gteague
  • Like 2

Am 17.7.2020 um 00:32 schrieb Boojay:

Here you go.. with and without lens hood, this at 100mm - it extends around 3.5 inches more at 400mm.

In fairness, it looks more of a handful than it feels.

Thanks al lot für the picture!
I thought it would be bigger, but for my purposes it is still too big/long.

I have a Sigma 150-600 and my Nikon Z7 and I'm looking for a small Telelens für my CL in the range of 55-200/250 or maximum 70-300.
So I have to wait a bit longer ...

Edited by cp995
  • Like 1

Well, here it is. First impression very well built, balances well on the CL when gripping the zoom ring. Thumbie and grip help handling. Now to find time to use it.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 6

Sigma makes CL great again ! 
Thanks for these four new lenses. 

DG DN 100-400mm looks great on the CL. I hope that Sigma OS system will be good enough for handheld shot at 400mm f/6.3 

Please bring more lenses to the L-mount. 
Where is the promised 70-200mm f/2.8 DG DN ? 
Lumix S Pro lenses are not bad. But not great either for the price Panasonic asked for. Sigma is the way to go for third party lenses. 

Edited by nicci78
  • Like 1

On 7/21/2020 at 10:35 AM, jaapv said:

Well, here it is. First impression very well built, balances well on the CL when gripping the zoom ring. Thumbie and grip help handling. Now to find time to use it.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Looking forward to hearing about this lens in use. Did you get the tripod adapter (which I think is sold separately)? 
Is that the hood on it? If so, what is the knurled ring on the end for?

Don't know if this new manual macro lens for the Leica L mount (APS-C) already has been mentioned:

https://www.venuslens.net/product/laowa-65mm-f-2-8-2x-ultra-macro-apo/ref/172/

"The Laowa 65mm f/2.8 2X macro APO is the first macro lens that Venus Optics designs for systems other than full-frame cameras. This is the only macro lens in the market that is capable of producing 2X life-size images and designed specially for mirrorless cameras. The new 65mm is remarkably light and compact which makes it ideal for macro photography, daily still photos, portraiture and more. The lens features Leica L, Fujifilm X, Sony E and Canon M mount."

The lens is relatively light (335g) and offers internal focusing. The MTF charts look spectacular. I have no experience with this producer but I might give it a try for 399 USD.

Edit: The lens already has been tested by Klaus Schroiff with excellent results. A true APO design.

Edited by Guest

On 6/15/2020 at 12:11 AM, AdHox said:

I might need to look at the 30/1.4. I’ve been looking for a 28mm for the CL, but if the 30mm is okay that might be close enough to my preferred focal length. 🤔

🤷‍♂️

I yielded to temptation and bought the 30/1.4. It looks like it will fill the gap I've felt around the 28mm mark, and seems to fit well on the CL, but I won't be able to see how it performs for another month - or maybe longer as we're still recording hundreds of new COVID-19 cases each day.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/24/2020 at 2:13 PM, Joachim_I said:

Don't know if this new manual macro lens for the Leica L mount (APS-C) already has been mentioned:

https://www.venuslens.net/product/laowa-65mm-f-2-8-2x-ultra-macro-apo/ref/172/

"The Laowa 65mm f/2.8 2X macro APO is the first macro lens that Venus Optics designs for systems other than full-frame cameras. This is the only macro lens in the market that is capable of producing 2X life-size images and designed specially for mirrorless cameras. The new 65mm is remarkably light and compact which makes it ideal for macro photography, daily still photos, portraiture and more. The lens features Leica L, Fujifilm X, Sony E and Canon M mount."

The lens is relatively light (335g) and offers internal focusing. The MTF charts look spectacular. I have no experience with this producer but I might give it a try for 399 USD.

Edit: The lens already has been tested by Klaus Schroiff with excellent results. A true APO design.

Be very careful if you order this lens guys - I just received mine, and the lens mount is too deep. In attempting to fit it to my TL2, it scraped away some of the bezel material around the sensor.