Summicron 28mm Edition "Safari" – real life pictures?

RF’sDelight

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 3/31/2023 at 11:15 PM, hdmesa said:

Seems like the right thread to drop this into. Picked up what was probably the last new/sealed 28 Cron Safari lens in the US this week. Haven’t seen a photo of an SL2-S Reporter with a Safari lens yet, only photos of them on the M10-P Reporter.

The color match between the Reporter and Safari is very close in real life, but digital photos seem to exaggerate the difference. I like this lens on my black M11, but so far I find this arrangement more satisfying to use. It very much reminds me of the old R3 Safari and matching lens I used to own.

I think I will have to track down the 50 and 90 as well.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Looks awesome- I would be tempted to try it with a silver M adapter and Silver Leica filter 

1 hour ago, photonc said:

Looks awesome- I would be tempted to try it with a silver M adapter and Silver Leica filter 

Thanks. I think silver might clash with the Reporter's matte black accents and overall stealth ethos. I've tried a silver lens on the Reporter, and it looked out of place to me.