Very substantial discounts available on the SF64D Flash

wlaidlaw

Advertisement (gone after registration)

My SF60 is getting near retirement. The plastic foot (a stupid idea, right from the beginning) is quite worn, which with weight of the flash with NiMH batteries, makes it wobbly on top of a camera and even worse when I have it on a side bar, using the Nikon SC-28 cable, where it is now wobbling to the extent of occasionally losing contact on some of the 5 pins, when TTL then fails. I had posted this on another thread, talking about using fill in flash for better skin tones on colour negative film and said I might at some point, look for a second hand SF64, with its far more rigid and wear resistant metal foot, like my SF40, also made by Nissin, uses. This inspired me to have a look on Fleabay to see what was going. I found a S/H  SF64 from a German trade seller, at a reasonable cost and looking in nice condition. I was about to plump for that but decided to widen my search parameters. I am glad I did, as I found a couple of Leica dealers selling new boxed SF64 flashes at little more than the second hand price and around 30% off list. I decided to pay the small amount extra to have the comfort of a Leica warranty and a new item. I presume cash is king at the moment and rents still have to be paid at Leica dealers, even if they are shut other than online sales. 

Wilson