Billingham for Leica S

MacSpikes

Advertisement (gone after registration)

For my Leica M system I used the Billingham Leica bag and loved it. Now I’d like a larger Billingham bag for my S system as well. I want to be able to carry the body, two regular sized S lenses, a 300mm Hasselblad and the SF 64 flash. Any recommendations? Would a Hadley Pro be large enough?

I would recommend the 555. Bigger than you suggest, but the body and three lenses with a flash is a lot. I have had the 555 for fifteen years and it still looks nearly new. It is not great for carrying all day, clearly, but I doubt you intend to drag the s with two lenses, a flash and a 300mm Hasselblad on your shoulder for hours. If you do, you will probably be a lot happier with a supportive backpack. The 555 is great for transport and taking gear to a location, setting down the bag and working from it. It will fit the S with three to five (if you use the front pockets) S lenses and accessories. 

I have two bags for my S3 plus 30 - 90 mm lens.

1. Oberwerth, bought at the Leica Store Wetzlar = € 699, excellent quality, leather design. This is the bag for show men in the city.

2. Samsonite from my stock, probably less than € 100, Nylon or similar, exactly fitting, handy. I prefer this bag walking deep in the woods, deserts etc.

Regards Hans

• 1 year later...

Anyone using a Billingham 335 with their S? I'm looking to see if the S, SL and three lenses will fit into the 335.  Not many stores in Vancouver carry the 335 so hoping to get some feedback.

• 2 weeks later...