Summilux-R 50 on S1R

Marac

Advertisement (gone after registration)

So my very slow transition from the CL to the S1R has taken a big step forward. I sold my 55-135 and put that money towards a 50mm Summilux-R and Novoflex adapter.

It is so nice to be able to own a Summilux again, I have my eye on a 35mm Cron and 80mm Summilux but would need to shift the rest of gear first.

Anyway, here's a very boring photo SFC wide open.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3

Sorry, more garden shots.

a 100% (almost) crop to show the detail

• Like 3

Final shot, in the garden again but this time where focus doesn't really matter.

• Like 2

So far so good.

I just won a Leica-R 80-200 f4 ROM lens on eBay, I remember that lens being a very good performer and one of my favourites at the time.

I got lucky with this one, looks to be in excellent shape both optically and body. Waiting for it to arrive.

I used to enjoy the R lenses, they focus closer than the M and with the modern mirrorless cameras they seem to shine. I'd  like to get the 80mm Lux and if I manage to shift my old stock then maybe the 21-35 would be nice to slip in the bag.

I'm trying very hard to hold on to my Leica CL but will sell the lenses and get a handful of M lenses to make a nice mini M kit, maybe Voigtlander set 15/21/35, we shall see.

6 hours ago, Marac said:

So far so good.

I just won a Leica-R 80-200 f4 ROM lens on eBay, I remember that lens being a very good performer and one of my favourites at the time.

I got lucky with this one, looks to be in excellent shape both optically and body. Waiting for it to arrive.

I used to enjoy the R lenses, they focus closer than the M and with the modern mirrorless cameras they seem to shine. I'd  like to get the 80mm Lux and if I manage to shift my old stock then maybe the 21-35 would be nice to slip in the bag.

I'm trying very hard to hold on to my Leica CL but will sell the lenses and get a handful of M lenses to make a nice mini M kit, maybe Voigtlander set 15/21/35, we shall see.

Did you get the 1.4/50 - E60? Stellar lens.

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

16 hours ago, Ivar B said:

Did you get the 1.4/50 - E60? Stellar lens.

Im afraid that was out of my budget, I got the E55 version in mint condition and it has not disappointed me. My all time favourite M lens was an E58 Noctilux that I miss with a passion but £4500 is a million miles away from my wallet. The E55 has a milky sharpness (whatever that means) and I love the render, reminds slightly of that Nocti. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had the E60 at one point years ago, and I am sad that I got rid of it. It was such a lovely lens with an exceptional balance of character and sharpness. I would be curious to see how it compares to the 50mm APO Summicron which I have now (which is incredible, but certainly of a very different character).