Memorial to Lost Pets -- Open Thread

RayD28

Another of Cash who loved baseball.  

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 12

Cash with his little brother.  

Edited by RayD28
  • Like 14

Losing a pet, especially a dog is just terrible. We feel your pain.

This is little Pips, who died suddenly just before Christmas in 2010. She was only 9 1/2 which is quite young for a terrier.

• Like 11

• 3 weeks later...

Hylwyth, our Irish Wolfhound. She was only just 7 when we lost her to bone cancer 4 years ago. Still miss her!

Edited by ianman
  • Like 9

Advertisement (gone after registration)

RIP

The Hague

M typ 240 Nikkor 50mm

• Like 7

Here's Sonny, we lost him last year. He got to a good age, 12 but the loss was still very hard. His legs had given out at the end and all joy was gone from his life. At the end we had to have him put to sleep. We sat with him, he had his head on my wife's lap and she said at the last moment she could feel the relief flood through him. I'll never forget coming home from work in my trainee year as a teacher, I particularly awful time of my life and he knew how I was feeling and sat with me till I felt better. I'll always be grateful.  

RIP Sondog. 

Leica M9

Summicron 50mm f/2 

• Like 9

Beluga-

We bought our house in the St. Clement valley outside the village of La Garde Freinet in S France in early 2008.  One cold November evening of that year,  while I was making a fire in the fire place, I noticed this huge black cat appear out of the surrounding forest, he casually made his way down to the house and started howling to be let in. I obliged.

It turns out that Beluga was born in the house 8 years and 2 owners prior to us. The original owner had sold and moved with Beluga about 70 kms away.  However Beluga kept leaving her and would walk all that distance to return to "his house".  She would come to retrieve him, eventually after the 3rd or 4th time she gave up. She told us that it would take him up to 2 months from when he left her until he appeared at the house.

According to our neighbour, the connard we bought the house from would set his dogs on Beluga, who would retreat into the surrounding forest where he lived. After completing renovations in November 2008, we moved into the house. Within 2 days Beluga arrived and also moved in. He stayed with us for 9 years and never left. Sadly we had to put him to sleep at the age of 17 due to kidney failure. We buried him in the adjoining forest where he loved to hang out. Beluga is still sorely missed.

Edited by michali
  • Like 7

On 6/5/2020 at 7:57 AM, RayD28 said:

I'm making this post for pet owners that lost a friend and who want to share their photos.   I know there is a another forum for pets and animals in the German forum but I'm posting here because some of us might speak little german.  If the moderators want to move it there it's OK.   

Ray

My deepest sympathies.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Three weeks ago I had to have my dear 12-year-old Aussie, "Tucker," put down. He was my best friend for the 10 years he lived with me. Having been abandoned and found running near an Interstate highway, he was at first fearful and wary. But over the weeks and months of TLC and training, he became a solid citizen, energetic and funny, and not averse to a cuddle on the couch. Accomplished at frisbee, fly-ball and agility, he was down deep a gentle soul. I loved him so, and miss him terribly.

M262, ZM 85mm f/4.

• Like 6