Rubber cap for 12526 lens hood

kepstein

Hard to believe, but Leica discontinued it. So I'm afraid it's gone forever. 
Guess the number needed is to small for the Chinese to jump in.

Will be hard to get one. I've also searched for it. The Elmarit 28 ASPH1 is also affected.

Couldn't understand the sense of this decision. Maybe it's that buy new lens instead?

If someone is in 3D printing, I can try to make a model therefor.

:(

• Like 1

I had the very exact problem, lost mine in Helsinki on a trip, looked around for weeks, even wrote to Leica about it. Then luckily found it in Leica Store İstanbul.

Technically Leica has to provide service and spare parts up to quite some time for any product they manufacture under EU regulations which I have pointed out to the Leica team alas no improvement on that side.

13 hours ago, kepstein said:

Can anyone steer me toward a source for these.  They are for a Summicron 35 ASPH v1.

They disappear only too easily. I gave up after losing too many and having to replace them expensively, so now I use this kind of "Hoodie".......works fine, protects all the lens not just the front element and can be found cheaply enough on Ebay or Amazon etc....I found that the smallest size fits most Leica M lenses.

https://www.amazon.com/LensCoat-LCHSMBK-Hoodie-Small-Black/dp/B0087N2K14/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=lens+hoodie&qid=1591186092&s=electronics&sr=1-2

Am 3. Juni 2020 um 12:00 schrieb lct:

I still have one cap in store so that I don't need a substitute now. But it's just a matter of time until it slips away. So I'm also interested if they can deliver some, if someone gives it a try.

• 4 months later...

I’ve given up looking and use a modified hood hat instead. Not as elegant of course but offers better protection and a replacement is only about $10. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

Leica are obviously so embarrassed by that expensive piece of junk that they washed their hands of it.
I lost mine once and after a short search I recovered it.  It went straight into the box with the useless leather pouch and has stayed there.  
You don’t need it!

• Like 1

On 6/2/2020 at 3:17 PM, kepstein said:

Can anyone steer me toward a source for these.  They are for a Summicron 35 ASPH v1.

Thanks,

Ken

Ken - the match technical cap LC-SR 02 works very well - much better than the Leica one! I use them on my 28/2.8 and 35/2 v4 and they fit perfectly. Larry

• 3 weeks later...