Hi

This thread just continues... and that is just very very nice ☺️

Previously I posted at picture of my ¨silver line¨ lenses (post # 24). Now I post a picture of my ¨black line¨ lenses 😉

I am in particular fond of the 28 Elmarit v4, the 35 Lux pre-FLE and the 50 Lux BC... and all the vented hoods of course 👍

PS: please excuse a not too good picture... and also the totally boring background!

Regards,

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, wizard said:

I guess Andreas G was referring to the model cars in the blue boxes visible in your above photo, not to your real car (but a T-Roc is a nice car anyway).

Hi

I just changed my respons as I suddenly understood that I had misunderstood... 🤪 Thanks! 

• Thanks 1

Hi guys

Just a few hours after taking this picture in post # 128 above I managed to ¨wipe off¨ the MATE from the shelf shown, a shelf being placed appr 170cm above the floor. My first drop of expensive camera equipment ever...

The lens bounced on a desk on its way down beforej hitting the wooden floor. I picked up the lens feeling totally convinced that something mst hav been broken. In my eyes this lens is a very complex and potentially not too sturdy lens. However, the lens remains supertight with absolutely nothing wrong. I guess I was lucky the hood was mounted. In enclosed picture You can see a major bump in it... however, still mounts effortless.

Through this experience I must admit that I have had to adjust my thoughts about the solidness of this lens. And also about the protection old school hoods can provide.

Reliefed & happy now!

Edited by Stein K S
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, Stein K S said:

Hi guys

Just a few hours after taking this picture in post # 128 above I managed to ¨wipe off¨ the MATE from the shelf shown, a shelf being placed appr 170cm above the floor. My first drop of expensive camera equipment ever...

The lens bounced on a desk on its way down beforej hitting the wooden floor. I picked up the lens feeling totally convinced that something mst hav been broken. In my eyes this lens is a very complex and potentially not too sturdy lens. However, the lens remains supertight with absolutely nothing wrong. I guess I was lucky the hood was mounted. In enclosed picture You can see a major bump in it... however, still mounts effortless.

Through this experience I must admit that I have had to adjust my thoughts about the solidness of this lens. And also about the protection old school hoods can provide.

Reliefed & happy now!

Lucky :D.  maybe the Jury is still out on the robustness of the actual lens, it probably didn't get fully tested as the hood slowed it down on the way? Good to hear 

Edited by grahamc
  • Thanks 1